Geisha Shoot - Jessie

Finally back in the saddle, and now stuck with editing a 3 weeks' worth of photos :(
Anyways... This is a recent one I've done..... I like it, but something seems missing......... C&C can be helpful....

I call this
Loss....
8674831045_29636b403b_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

920017_510617522325545_969923914_o by kinhai, on Flickr

nice work, to me if you were to ask me what was missing then id say Depth....

the image seems to lack a little depth and could have benefitted from lighting that wasn't as flat in the face and some dodge and burning in the face to bring out facial features and "depth"

also not sure if it was intentional but the image has a green color cast which is indicative of fluorescent lighting issues and white balance.

i like the pose and the expression

Its funny, when i gave the model the pics, she prefered the vsco instagrammed look :p

i like your PP version better with the less VSCO effect.

if the client prefers that then so be it however you need to define your style and stick with it and come to terms that there are so many different styles out there because there are so many different people that prefer different things..

Different strokes for different folks and you can't please or have them all.. (at least thats what I have to tell myself every time i see someone elses work and tell myself to just persist with my own style.)

Maybe next time you could try not showing them that version first so that they don't have something to compare to otherwise theres nothing wrong with having a PP style that fits what the client wants and a PP style that fits your personal tastes for sharing online and amongst other people in the same business.

Its funny, when i gave the model the pics, she prefered the vsco instagrammed look :p

That always cracks me up. I think the reworked version is definitely better. I also love the use of light on your other pics. Excellent work!

Your best shot here, by far, is the first one in your second post. The lighting is phenomenal. I find that VSCO, Topaz, Nik, etc... anyone of these plugins, when used for portaiture, generally do good things to the background, but bad things to skin tones... that global adjustment, you know. :smile: Try the first shot again, but create a new layer, apply the filter, and then brush back/erase the skin (low opacity to begin with) until you get a pleasing skin tone that matches the rest of the filter..

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom