1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gene Romero's West Coast Flat Track Series Show

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by DavidBickle, Aug 5, 2008.

1. A few grabs from the evening.
    344838463_MmF57-XL.

344847733_gWTkz-XL.

344838394_ELuJs-XL.
    C&C always welcome.
    Thanks for looking.

2. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Hi Dave, I really like this evening light even if the vantagepoint was from a somewhat tough angle. Those are some long shadows!

My favorite is the last shot #3, for its clarity, color and the sharpness on the lead guys. #1 gets across the dust and roar, it is a little vague though, as the front riders don't really snap out from the pack. Not sure if it was a sharpness issue or what. #2 is pretty cool, getting the two isolated riders along with their faces of concentration. PP looks a little on the light and washed out side; probably easily fixable (would imagine you were trying to expose the shadow side).

I've never shot this sport, so it's all my humble two cents worth. Overall, looks like a blast for both the riders and you shooting it! Enjoyed your sharing these with us. :smile:

3. Thanks for the comments. Shooting this sport can be a real challenge, but is a lot of fun also. This was the first time out with my 70 200 vr.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.