General Lee

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Tomerrifc, Aug 27, 2005.

1. I took these at a shop in town here that is selling these for get this, $25,000 to $30,000 a car. I talked to the owner while I was there and he told me that with the movie's release that this is one of the hottest cars around. He has at least 10+ on the lot.

D2X
    12-24mm

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    "Geh geh geh , Awwww shucks Daisy!"

I loved that show! Haven't seen the movie yet.

I wonder how many the guy has sold...

3. Hi Patrick,

I don't know how many he's sold so far. There was at least one there that I noticed had a SOLD tag written on the front windshield.

He's been collecting them since way before last winter. His mechanic was working on yet another one in the shop while we were there. There were a couple that didn't have seats, motors and various parts where I assume that they are out for repair. He seemed really confident in his pricing.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Save your money, it isn't worth $10 (unless your a Jessica Simpson slappy like my middle daughter is)

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    :) Sold eh? My brothers are car dealers and this is a tactic that they use. Put a sold sticker on the windscreen and it attracts people. Perhaps his was sold though.

Neat shots and story.

I'm with Dave, they would need to come with Jessica for that amount of money. I never have been a mopar fan.

6. I agree with you both. I was born a Chevy Man for Muscle Cars.

And about the sold sign, I actually sold cars myself for a little bit. Had to give it up because I just could not conform to the antics. There is something about taking advantage of people that I just can't stomach. I ended up working for my customers selling new cars.

And actually I could care less if he sells them or not. I just thought it would be kind of cool to get a couple of shots of them.

7. Sounds like a reasonable price if Jessica was in the car.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    You are right, they are cool!

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice snaps, Ty. A guy in Lombard used to have a General Lee of his own and sold it several years ago, I wonder if his is in that lot somewhere. I suppose that there is a market for just about anything these days. Like you, I prefer muscle cars/street rods.

10. Thanks Frank,

I was just out having some fun with the wife and the camera.

As I said when I joined, I'll just about take a picture of anything worth photographing. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005