1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique George Eastman House Exterior & Lanscaping

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, Nov 4, 2018.

1. I've wanted to visit the George Eastman House and Museum of Eastman Kodak fame for decades and I finally got a chance while on vacation in Ithaca, New York just a couple hours away. This is the first and largest of three threads about my visit.

Photo #1
    Front of mansion
    Mike 2018-10-11--1489-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
    Front of mansion
    Mike 2018-10-11--1497-S.jpg

Photo #3
    Front porch of mansion
    Mike 2018-10-11--1498-S.jpg

Photo #4
    Front of mansion
    Mike 2018-10-11--1544-S.jpg

Photo #5
    Side of mansion
    Mike 2018-10-11--1543-S.jpg

Photo #6
    (Captured by my wife and post-processed by me.)
    Side Garden
    Joellen 2018-10-11--341-S.jpg

Photo #7
    Front lawn
    Mike 2018-10-11--1492-S.jpg

Photo #8
    Side garden
    Mike 2018-10-11--1502-S.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Nice set...looks like a very interesting place that I should be adding to my travel list. I enjoyed your photographs of the interior as well...some excellent compositions.

Glenn

3. It is sure a beautiful place and you photographed it very nicely Mike.

4. Beautiful architecture and gardens, Mike!
    Wonderfully captured and processed!

5. The day I was there I was pressed for time so didn't have an opportunity to get out and explore the wonderful gardens, too, but the whole place is just really....well, as the kids say, awesome. All photographers need to fit in a visit when they can!

6. Completely agreed for several reasons. The photography museum, mansion and grounds are really nice. Eastman Kodak produced the very first camera in the world intended for the masses. Photography inside and outside the buildings is strongly officially encouraged. However, I didn't have the time to use a tripod and don't remember if they are allowed inside.

I feel the same about visiting the Museum of Modern Art in New York City simply for the reason that they are the very first art museum in the world to establish a curated photography department.

7. I don't recall, either, if tripods were permitted; somehow I have the feeling that they are probably not. I seem to remember, too, that at the museum I had to put my bag into a locker and could only carry the camera itself and whatever lenses I could fit into a pocket or on the camera..... The museum was a marvel, too, and I loved it as much as I did the mansion.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.