George Sheehan Classic

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Jun 16, 2007.

1. This annual race is in memory of a local doctor who really helped to popularised running back in the seventies. Elite runners to walkers all participate in the same field running the 5 mile course. Lucky enough for me I just rolled out of bed, grabbed a tea and my camera and walked to the end of my driveway. Your C and C welcome.

Race leaders
    _BVA7773.

Senior division
    View attachment 101083

Kids run it too
    View attachment 101084

Cancer awareness group
    View attachment 101085

Reward for looking at so many pictures
    View attachment 101086

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These look real nice Brooks. It looks as though it was cloudy, so I wonder if a bit of fill flash could have made them "pop" a bit. The composition is nice because you were shooting from a lower vantage point. All looks fine, but just curious about your thoughts regarding a bit of fill.

3. Actually it was a beautiful sunny morning. The street is lined with very tall trees which create the difuse lighting. I know what you mean about adding some "pop" by using strobe but I like the natural look and I'm not sure my SB600 could do the job. Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try and see how it looks.

Happy Fathers day to all you Dads in Nikon Land!

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

great shots brooks......!

5. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Reward for looking at so many pictures
    _BVA7782. [/QUOTE]

This cracks me up.........so how big was her male following?!?!?! I can't say I would not be in that group.............maybe I should take up running:biggrin:

BTW, I like your series. Thanks for sharing!

-Raul

6. You're too good to yourself...hey, what's that on her, er, knee? LOL

7. Geo31

Geo31 Guest

"The difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry form" --George Sheehan.

Great shots. Forget the fill IMHO. The exposures look good and you can get a little more snap adjusting curves in PP.

I hope the photos of me this weekend turn out as well.

George Roffe
    Kingwood, TX

Finisher (4:44), Grandma's Marathon, Duluth, MN this past Saturday (88 bloody degrees at the finish!).

8. I like 1666....she's not letting a little racing get in the way of her favorite tunes!

Nice shots, Brooks.

9. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Did you do any 5 frames per second of 1666.....I think she has really good running form!

10. Surprisingly enough I did shoot more than one frame but that one shows the subject in the best light.:redface:

11. Geo31

Geo31 Guest

I'm sure it's not really what you're referring to, but she doesn't have good form. Too much twist at the hips and shoulders.

12. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I am referring to - she is an attractive lady. I am an old fat guy and wouldn't know good running form if I got up off the couch and stood closer to the t.v. during a marathon :)

13. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    ahahahah.... you guys :Crunk:

great photos! :smile: