1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gerbera Daisy

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by lanthier, Aug 13, 2009.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    My vote is #1 the bright spot in #2 draws me away from the flower.

2. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Love # 1 nice work nurturing the flower as much as the photo

3. I prefer #1 too! It would be nice if the angle was a fraction less acute so we could see the entirity of the ring of stamen.

4. Well it certainly seems unanimous for #1.

Thanks Tim. I was curious about the bright spot, I kind of thought it might look like lighting, but...

Thanks for the look Tony. Yeah it is in a pot where it drains out frequently, so I have to keep my eye on it and water it a lot. On our few lengthier excursions this summer, we have returned and I was never sure it would come back!

Thanks Jonathan. I hope to get more shots of these as it continues to survive and bloom!

5. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Both have their strong points and weak points.

I’ve had several of these over the last few years, and have attacked them with my 105 VR many times. I find them very difficult to shoot. Your soft petals have a nice appeal to them. I’m not sure I like any of my shots. This is one I did back in May with the 105 VR that is ok. Red is such a difficult color to shoot. As a sports shooter, I’m always trying to shoot tight, but sometimes I feel I need to back away when shooting flowers, but for some reason, I find that hard to do. Flowers are difficult subjects for me. I think you did fine.

6. Nice shots, I was liking #2, and did not see the bright spot until I read the comments, now it's ruined for me:frown: Cool shots.

7. Like 1 also, always struggled with red with my Nikons

8. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    How beautiful. Gerbera daisies are some of my favorite flowers.

9. Thanks for the kind comments Gary. I like all kinds of flower shots, and your tight ones, really get the detail out... Nice...

Sorry it was ruined for ya Tom! :wink:

10. Thanks for looking, not easy, but on my good calibrated monitor, these reds look quite true... Some of the blown out look is large aperture...

They are hardy, just today I got back form a quick overnight, and it was drooped over, some water, and S P R O I N G! Back up and in business!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.