Gerbera Daisy

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Couple quick shots with the D700 and 105 VR. I have been nursing this plant all summer and have gotten some nice blooms from it!

http://images52.fotki.com/v1554/photos/8/896360/7090321/gerberasm1-vi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think I like this next one better, you?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well it certainly seems unanimous for #1.

My vote is #1 the bright spot in #2 draws me away from the flower.
Thanks Tim. I was curious about the bright spot, I kind of thought it might look like lighting, but...

Love # 1 nice work nurturing the flower as much as the photo
Thanks for the look Tony. Yeah it is in a pot where it drains out frequently, so I have to keep my eye on it and water it a lot. On our few lengthier excursions this summer, we have returned and I was never sure it would come back!

I prefer #1 too! It would be nice if the angle was a fraction less acute so we could see the entirity of the ring of stamen.
Thanks Jonathan. I hope to get more shots of these as it continues to survive and bloom!

Both have their strong points and weak points.

I’ve had several of these over the last few years, and have attacked them with my 105 VR many times. I find them very difficult to shoot. Your soft petals have a nice appeal to them. I’m not sure I like any of my shots. This is one I did back in May with the 105 VR that is ok. Red is such a difficult color to shoot. As a sports shooter, I’m always trying to shoot tight, but sometimes I feel I need to back away when shooting flowers, but for some reason, I find that hard to do. Flowers are difficult subjects for me. I think you did fine.

Both have their strong points and weak points.

I’ve had several of these over the last few years, and have attacked them with my 105 VR many times. I find them very difficult to shoot. Your soft petals have a nice appeal to them. I’m not sure I like any of my shots. This is one I did back in May with the 105 VR that is ok. Red is such a difficult color to shoot. As a sports shooter, I’m always trying to shoot tight, but sometimes I feel I need to back away when shooting flowers, but for some reason, I find that hard to do. Flowers are difficult subjects for me. I think you did fine.
Thanks for the kind comments Gary. I like all kinds of flower shots, and your tight ones, really get the detail out... Nice...

Nice shots, I was liking #2, and did not see the bright spot until I read the comments, now it's ruined for me:frown: Cool shots.
Sorry it was ruined for ya Tom! :wink:

Like 1 also, always struggled with red with my Nikons
Thanks for looking, not easy, but on my good calibrated monitor, these reds look quite true... Some of the blown out look is large aperture...

How beautiful. Gerbera daisies are some of my favorite flowers.
They are hardy, just today I got back form a quick overnight, and it was drooped over, some water, and S P R O I N G! Back up and in business!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom