1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gerberas Twins - Using R1C1 Flash Set Up

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JohnD3, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Similar set up and situation as my first submitted rose picture, hope the members like this additional shot

John

2722475847_a19bf8b6fb.

2. WOW!I love them! The dew drops are great!

3. Many thanks, I just decided to give it a go, that is to capture some cool flower images or at least try, all in all not taken more then 30 flower images in total

John

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very nice indeed, the R1C1 supplies lovely lighting for this kind of stuff.

Thanks for sharing

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Stunning Photo!!!!

6. Thank you all, its very encouraging feedback, incidentally the lens I used was the 105mm 2.8 macro, I believe it’s a good combination with the R1C1 set up

7. jlcabral

jlcabral

Jul 12, 2008
    Colorado
    John, you have inspired me! I have the R1C1 and have yet to take the time to really learn how to use it. With winter coming on, you've given me the desire to get into studio work again, and to use this great lighting system. Thank you!

I LOVED the rose - also like these Gerbera's a lot! Great work!

Jan

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  8. Jan
    I was in a similar situation, had the R1C1 for a few months along with the 105 lens and never took any shots, then finally decided to have a go, really glad I did as the combination really works well and so far very pleased with what I have produced……
    John

9. Crave

Crave Guest

The colours are great!
    The water drops give that special touch!

I´ve never trried the R1C1, but tried Sigma ring Flash in friends Canon, and did not like it, the backgrounds always were subexposed, probably it was a humam error (Or Canon error!!!! Ehehehe), do you guys note this with the R1C1?

10. Crave
    I just carried out a few test exposures first and that seemed nail it, just used NX2 for processing and that’s the result you see
    John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.