Gerberra Daisy Blossom, shot w/60 Micro

After trying unsuccesfully to handhold this shot, (my kids took off with my regular tripod, the one that doesn't have the full Wimberley attached), :evil: I decided to get a little creative, and stack a couple cardboard boxes in front of it, then rest my elbows on it for this handheld shot. Well, it was something to do on an early Sat morning! Comments?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used No
Focal Length 60 mm
Exposure Time 1/40 sec
Aperture f/22
ISO Equivalent 125
Exposure Bias
White Balance 5300k
Metering Mode center weighted
JPEG Quality
Exposure Program aperture priority

Thaks Paul & Dao, about the stem...

Ya, I agree, but there just wasn't any light getting to them. I already adjusted the midpoint slider up to 120 in NC4. Prob'ly should'a used a reflector to illuminate it better. Thanks for the comments!

Works for me Steve. I kind of like the fact that it is floating in space. I also like the DOF choice that you made for this shot.

Steve very nice picture, If you take picture very close to the ground just use plastic or metal empty containers, they do a very good job.

J

JMartin

Very nice shot Steve. I really like the bright colors of the flower against the dark background.

I have been wanting to buy a macro lens and was thinking about the Nikon 105 or Sigma 150, but don't have a lot to spend. Do you feel the 60 allows you to do most of the things you want? Unfortunately we don't have a camera store near me with the lenses in stock to try out.

Joe

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom