Gerberra Daisy Blossom, shot w/60 Micro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Steve S, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    After trying unsuccesfully to handhold this shot, (my kids took off with my regular tripod, the one that doesn't have the full Wimberley attached), :evil: I decided to get a little creative, and stack a couple cardboard boxes in front of it, then rest my elbows on it for this handheld shot. Well, it was something to do on an early Sat morning! Comments?
    original.
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 60 mm
    Exposure Time 1/40 sec
    Aperture f/22
    ISO Equivalent 125
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance 5300k
    Metering Mode center weighted
    JPEG Quality
    Exposure Program aperture priority

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Steve, lovely macro shot. Such of details :!: For my taste, I would like to see a bit more details of the stem.

4. Magical lighting condition Steve, very nice indeed!

Regards,
    Jonathan

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thaks Paul & Dao, about the stem...

Ya, I agree, but there just wasn't any light getting to them. I already adjusted the midpoint slider up to 120 in NC4. Prob'ly should'a used a reflector to illuminate it better. Thanks for the comments!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Works for me Steve. I kind of like the fact that it is floating in space. I also like the DOF choice that you made for this shot.

7. Steve very nice picture, If you take picture very close to the ground just use plastic or metal empty containers, they do a very good job.

8. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very nice shot Steve. I really like the bright colors of the flower against the dark background.

I have been wanting to buy a macro lens and was thinking about the Nikon 105 or Sigma 150, but don't have a lot to spend. Do you feel the 60 allows you to do most of the things you want? Unfortunately we don't have a camera store near me with the lenses in stock to try out.

Joe

9. Very nice Steve. Love your avatar of Pierre too.