Germany Valley

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, May 22, 2005.

1. I stopped and captured this view to share with you all this morning on my drive back home from West Virginia.
    [​IMG]

2. That's a beautiful picture, and it looks like the area here where I live. I would be curious to know what lens you used.

3. 17-55mm f2.8 DX
    thanks for the comment

4. A very pleasing image to look at. Well done.

5. Zulu-

Zulu- Guest

well composed and a nice stop for a cop of coffee..

6. Very pleasant mood in this pic, but I wonder what was the reason for naming it German Valley?
    Cheers

7. It is my understanding that German immigrants named it.
    You sure live in a beautiful country. I had the pleasure of visiting there in 1986

8. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I really like this one,great atmosphere

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    German Valley

Very nice picture. But "German Valley"? I guess you haven't been to Germany lately. If it were taken in Germany, you would either see some buildings or power lines or highways or other marks of modern civilization, or at least an airplane in the sky. If you can't see at least one of those, then it's either night or raining.

Just kidding. There are beautiful places in Germany, I grew up there and I frequently visit this country. But I must say, your country has good share in nice places. Enjoy it!

10. Thank you all for the nice comments. I like the view from there so much I made the picture into my wallpaper for my computer.

11. Nice mood! Nice capture...

Thanks for sharing

Bohdan

12. Nice shot Dave!! Love the wide open space!! :D :D