1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Get a signed contract. Always.

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by sylvesterii, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Just dealing with unnecessary anger and craziness on behalf of my former wedding shooting partner and a new bride.

Don't ever assume the contract is coming. And this is coming from a photographer who shoots in his free time when he isn't practicing law.

seriously. contract. in writing. always.

2. I always have a contact even for team photos. Its the only way to keep the Moms with a rebel from coming in and cutting you. I have even had one show up and do a high school baseball team after the booster club had contacted me to do them.. She just walked on to the field before a game and started shooting individual photos. She stated contract or not, if she wants (or a mom ask her to) to shoot a team no one can stop her.

3. I even make my family members sign a contract if it's not a "casual" shoot. Got my brother-in-law's wedding this summer, made him and the fiance sign one. No money involved, but it helps me keep a record, and clears the air lest there are any misunderstandings. I think people are less likely to "act up" when they know they've signed on the dotted line, so to speak, than if there is nothing in print down to point to when they decide to make trouble...

4. britinjapan

britinjapan

Mar 5, 2011
    Tokyo
    Great advice, and better safe than sorry...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.