Get in line for your d200!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 31, 2005.

1. I just talked with the sales manager of Adorama, a really nice guy by the name of Martino Corto. He's started a waiting list for the d200, just in case Nikon announces such a camera :wink:. If you'd like to get on it, email him at

martino@adorama.com

No credit card is necessary. It just means you'll be eligable to buy a d200 if and when one is available for you. Include your full name and mailing address, and say that Uncle Frank sent you.

2. Thanks Uncle, I'm on the list with the D200 & 18-200VR
    Greg

3. Congratulations Uncle Frank and Greg!

Good to hear that you will get the D200 so I guess it is official that the D200 will be announced soon since there is a waiting list being taken for it.

4. I don't expect it soon, that's why it's a waiting list. I plan to use the D200 as my primary and the D70 as backup and second lens camera. It should be a good combination, let's hope so.

5. Cool! No battery grip?

6. And yes Uncle I used your name. Thanks for the heads up. Vertical battery grip is added to the list at Adorama. Any other advice?
    Greg

7. Frank, I think i love you :wink:
    I've sent the email to get on the list....this is good news....VERY good news.
    Thanks a million....I was afraid of having to wait for the anouncement and then some for the BH queue or our local superstore (they have an attitude though that doesn't agree with me).

8. I'm ready to join the list, but does anyone know of a source taking pre-orders that ISN'T in New York? Its enough money as it is without having to pay the tax :) Even though I can walk to Adorama, or B&H, I've waited this long--I can wait a few more days to have it shipped from out of state!

9. Hmmm, considering I'll have graduated college, and have a decent paying job if and when the D200 is released. I think I'm going to go ahead and put my name on that list, too. Thanks Uncle Frank!

10. D200 Waiting List

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info. I sent Martino an email, and I hope that I made the list. It sounds like a great camera.:smile:

--Ed--

11. I preordered at Ritz...I'd sooo prefer Adorama since its two blocks from where I work, but the tax is a killer. I need the extra $$ towards buying an SB800.

I can always cancel the preorder if it gets to Adorama first and I just can't wait!

12. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    My biggest complaint with the DeeTwo line of Nikons was their size (and price). It looks like Nikon heard me and fixed it..
    While the D200 isn't a DeeTwo, it sure is closer than to my D100.
    Hmmmmm..... :smile:
    Jarrell

13. You can get a $34 rebate (2%) of the Ritz $1699.99 price (free delivery, no tax) if you sign up for Ebates before placing your pre-order.

Every 3 months or so Ebates will mail you a rebate check for purchases made from their partnered-vendors. You'd be surprised how it can add up, especially when buying big ticket items.

Glenn

14. aargh! It didn't come out to help me any...but I called and placed my order. The e-mail to get on the list unfortunately didn't help me get a camera any higher up on the list.
    Just to be safe i'll try my local shop....