Get to know your Cafe buddies Part II...

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cup of tea (very English) and toast

What no crumpets instead? I can't believe I went to the store the other day and they had crumpets on the shelves. In Texas we have crumpets. :biggrin:

Okay, I will give it a try:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 3:30 and then 6 a.m.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bottle Shock - wonderful movie about the 1976 wine competition in France; Next most recent was the new Woodie Allen movie starring Javier Bardem and a slew of beautiful women.

3. What is your favorite TV show? So you think you can dance, by far. My wife and I dance about 3 nights a week and that show rocks.

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Bagel with cream cheese and lox; pancakes; waffles; eggs etc. I insist on nice breakfasts so I make them myself, every day.

5. What food do you dislike? I eat just about everything. I just don't go out of my way for peas - unless it is in Indian cooking.

6. What is your favorite song? Seeing as how music is a big part of my life there is no way I could pick one number. We dance West Coast Swing, Hustle and Argentine Tango and we have favorites in each area. I am especially fond of "Summertime" by Herbie Mann, however.

7. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Accord and Nissan Murano.

8. Favorite sandwich? Bagel and Lox, by far.

9. Favorite item of clothing? My leather jackets.

10. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,
where would you go? Back to Buenos Aires and Argentina; Back to the national parks out west for photography.

11.Where would you retire to? Costa Rica or Colorado.

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 65th a few months ago.

13. Favorite sport to watch? Football. I have been a Chicago Bear season ticket holder for over 50 years.

14. When is your birthday? May 29,

15. What is your shoe size? 10 E

16. Pets? 2 cats - Duchess and Sunny

17. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share
with us? Just spent one month with my grandchildren who live in Israel. We really had a great time.

18. What did you want to be when you were little? I don't recall.

19. How are you today? Feel great.

20. What is your favorite flower? Uh, I don't know even though I plant our flower beds.

21. What is a day on the calendar you are looking
forward to? October 6 - 10. Another tango festival here in Chicago making it the 4th this year.

22. What is your favorite pastime? Playing golf; collecting writing instruments esp. vintage fountain pens; and PHOTOGRAPHY to say the least.

23. What was the last thing you ate? Leftover Chinese food.

24. Hair color? Silver

25. Hugs or kisses? Depends with who? Wife - both; family - hugs. Tango partners - hugs; sports buddies - high fives.

3. What is your favorite TV show? So you think you can dance, by far. My wife and I dance about 3 nights a week and that show rocks.

6. What is your favorite song? Seeing as how music is a big part of my life there is no way I could pick one number. We dance West Coast Swing, Hustle and Argentine Tango and we have favorites in each area. I am especially fond of "Summertime" by Herbie Mann, however.

I truly think "So you think you can dance" was a great season this past May. Wow so glad Josh won...but I was hoping for Twitch as well.

I use to compete back in the late 80's dancing the West Coast Swing...dancing kept me so such great shape. You could put a wine glass on my tummy and it wouldn't move...that's how flat stomach I was. :biggrin:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 am

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Batman Dark Knight

3. What is your favorite TV show? Prison Break

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Waffles and Coffee

5. What food do you dislike? Broccoli

6. What is your favorite song? Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr - Trivium

7. What kind of car do you drive? Nissan Maxima

8. Favorite sandwich? Turkey and Bacon Club

9. Favorite item of clothing? Sweat shirts and jeans

where would you go? Alaska

11.Where would you retire to? North Carolina

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 21st

13. Favorite sport to watch? Football - Go Giants

14. When is your birthday? September 22, 1986

15. What is your shoe size? 11

16. Pets? Nope

with us? I got a D300

18. What did you want to be when you were little? Jumped around on the couch shooting bad guys with my toy guns

19. How are you today? Good, it's my birthday!

20. What is your favorite flower? Lilies

forward to? Christmas

22. What is your favorite pastime? Aside from taking pictures, watching football

23. What was the last thing you ate? Mac and Cheese Crackers

24. Hair color? Brown

25. Hugs or kisses? Kisses

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7 a.m.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't do movie at the cinema - I wait until it comes out on DVD.

3. What is your favorite TV show? House

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee

5. What food do you dislike? Squash

6. What is your favorite song? Anything by Darius Rucker

7. What kind of car do you drive? BMW Z3 Roadster

8. Favorite sandwich? BLT

9. Favorite item of clothing? Jeans

where would you go? alaska

11.Where would you retire to? Bermuda

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? I don't like those things..

13. Favorite sport to watch? NACAR

14. When is your birthday? Dec 21

15. What is your shoe size? 9 1/2

16. Pets? Boxer, Maggie and 3 children

with us? Hmmm...bought another tripod and ballhead today:biggrin:

18. What did you want to be when you were little? The only thing I remember wanting to do was to be a medic. I was for 22 years. Best years of my life. I now pay for it with back pain and knee pain everyday. I'd do it again in a second if my body would let me.

19. How are you today? Not bad. See 18.

20. What is your favorite flower? Roses

forward to? October 23rd - Camp out on infield of Atlanta Motor Speedway for the races.

22. What is your favorite pastime? Dinner and a movie

23. What was the last thing you ate? Supper, meatloaf, peas, fried chicken and banana pudding. Kinda strange combination...

24. Hair color? Brown, what's left.

25. Hugs or kisses? Long hugs...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 8AM

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Burn After Reading

3. What is your favorite TV show? Right now - THe Shield

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Diet Pepsi Max and whatever I can get my hands on

5. What food do you dislike? Fish

6. What is your favorite song? Little Wing - SRV version

7. What kind of car do you drive? Pontiac Sunfire

8. Favorite sandwich? Turkey Reuben

9. Favorite item of clothing? No Idea

10. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where would you go? Somewhere in Asia to take pictures

11.Where would you retire to? No Idea

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? ?

13. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey

14. When is your birthday? 10/22

15. What is your shoe size? 13

16. Pets? My Rott Belle and my wife's stupid cat

17. Any new and exciting news you'd like to sharewith us? none

18. What did you want to be when you were little? A DJ

19. How are you today? tired...always tired

20. What is your favorite flower? I hate flowers

forward to? My birthday

22. What is your favorite pastime? playing guitar

23. What was the last thing you ate? Italian BMT from Subway

24. Hair color? brown

25. Hugs or kisses? kisses

I did not participate in Part I, but I am having so much fun reading other members' responses that I figure I should do it, too...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 to get my son to school.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Free kids movies...they do it every summer at our local theater. My kids love it! I think the last one we saw was Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

3. What is your favorite TV show? Anything on HGTV (though you could never tell with my lack of decorating skills! House Hunters is my favorite!

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Raisin Bran

5. What food do you dislike? Chinese

6. What is your favorite song? Not sure...

7. What kind of car do you drive? Cadillac SRX

8. Favorite sandwich? Anything in a wrap...not a big bread fan

9. Favorite item of clothing? Anything comfy

where would you go? Australia

11.Where would you retire to? Pinehurst, NC

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? My last one was really cool. In order for me to stay home with our kids the last few years, we have made some sacrifices in our spending habits and have not bought presents for me or my husband in a while. This year he snuck and saved and bought me a Bath and Body works gift certificate for me. That was really special, because I could not believe he even thought of that. He had to get my 4yo daughter to show him where it was! It is her favorite store!

13. Favorite sport to watch? Football and golf

14. When is your birthday? May 16, 1971

15. What is your shoe size? 9

16. Pets? Pug-Pickles, Cat-Thor, Lizard-Froggy

with us? We just moved to a cute little town in Georgia and love it!

18. What did you want to be when you were little? veterinarian

19. How are you today? Just getting over the flu-It's great to be out of bed!

20. What is your favorite flower? Roses

forward to? October 1st...I get to go on my 4yo's first field trip with her.

22. What is your favorite pastime? playing with my kids

23. What was the last thing you ate? Not much...see above reference to just getting over the flu ;P

24. Hair color? brown.

25. Hugs or kisses? hugs

Tracey

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:00 a.m. (I usually get up earlier, but I didn't go to work today.)

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Tropic Thunder -- I loved it! :biggrin:

3. What is your favorite TV show? That's tough... tied between House, Lost, and Battlestar Galactica.

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Yogurt smoothie or a granola bar.

5. What food do you dislike? Sausages (I know, I'm weird).

6. What is your favorite song? Spin by Lifehouse.

7. What kind of car do you drive? Alternate between Subaru Forester (for shorter trips) and Volkswagen Jetta TDI (diesel, use for longer trips).

8. Favorite sandwich? An eggplant parmesan sub.

9. Favorite item of clothing? T-shirts and shorts at the end of the day. (I like your answer, Seneca, so I'm leaving it, LOL! :tongue:)

10. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Antarctica and the Galapagos Islands.

11.Where would you retire to? Scotland... my husband and I loved living there. We'd go back there in a heartbeat if money were no object.

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? Well, the first one that comes to mind (my 23rd) is memorable for the wrong reasons, LOL! It involved me drinking far too much because everyone kept buying me drinks. Then when my friends invited me and a group to come over to their house because they had a birthday cake prepared, I couldn't even eat it, because I ended up praying to the porcelain god for the rest of the evening. :redface: Thank goodness that was more than 20 years ago...

13. Favorite sport to watch? Soccer.

14. When is your birthday? September 22 -- today! No, I haven't had anything to drink. :wink:

15. What is your shoe size? Nine and a half wide.

16. Pets? Here's my menagerie:

Darby -- Black Lab mix
Missy -- Golden mix
Mikey -- Bichon Frise
Mandy -- Lhasa Apso
Cameron -- Orange Tabby
Kayla -- Grey and White Tabby​

17. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? My sister had twins recently -- a boy and a girl!

18. What did you want to be when you were little? Don't ask me why, but I thought I wanted to be a dentist!

19. How are you today? Pretty good, just tired. I spent the day driving back from a weekend visit to my sister and the twins in NJ...

20. What is your favorite flower? Tulips.

21. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Too many to pick just one... Well, the week of November 8th is when I'll finally get to meet Greg Savel in person! :smile:

22. What is your favorite pastime? Travel.

23. What was the last thing you ate? Taiwanese rice noodles.

24. Hair color? Brown.

25. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

1. What time did you get up this morning? First time 0430, second time 0830.

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Kung Fu Panda with the kids

3. What is your favorite TV show? ER

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? String cheese, Go-gurt and a Diet Coke

5. What food do you dislike? Brussels sprouts and turnip

6. What is your favorite song? You Give Good Love (Whitney Houston)

7. What kind of car do you drive? Dad mobile, Toyota Sienna

8. Favorite sandwich? Maria D's (Baltimore, MD) gyro or cheesesteak with fried onions, lettuce, tomato & mayo.

9. Favorite item of clothing? Black lace thong

where would you go? New Orleans and do volunteer work

11.Where would you retire to? Stay in place (NVa) or become an ex-pat

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? Never really into my own birthday. I really stopped when I hit 30.

13. Favorite sport to watch? Pro football, college basketball mostly but I can watch anything competitive.

14. When is your birthday? 25 Nov

15. What is your shoe size? Running Shoe 12.5, Boot 11.5, Dress shoe 13

16. Pets? 2 K9s, Penny the dachshund and Winston a dachshund/schnauzer mix

with us? My divorce deposition is this Th. I can't freaking wait.

18. What did you want to be when you were little? Many things but I had to go and graduate college.

19. How are you today? Doing OK, it's a struggle but a manageable struggle.

20. What is your favorite flower? Hibiscus then Amaryllis

forward to? This Th (see above) and the day (TBD) when my divorce is final.

22. What is your favorite pastime? Many things. That's a hard one.

23. What was the last thing you ate? Newman's Own Virgin Limeade

24. Hair color? BLD, BLK, GRY. Bald is an official hair color on driver's licenses now.

25. Hugs or kisses? Both.

3. What is your favorite TV show? Anything on HGTV (though you could never tell with my lack of decorating skills! House Hunters is my favorite!
Tracey

Tracey...I'm with ya on this one...I love HGTV. Altho I have friends that tell me I should be on that show decorating others home. It's something I love doing. I think that's the artist me...with photography and decorating; I'm definately a visual person. I'll show you any part of my home and you tell me what you think.

16. Pets? Here's my menagerie:

Darby -- Black Lab mix
Missy -- Golden mix
Mikey -- Bichon Frise
Mandy -- Lhasa Apso
Cameron -- Orange Tabby
Kayla -- Grey and White Tabby​

OMGOSH :eek: I thought I had a lot of pets. Good to see you give your pet names real names. I don't like the Spot or Gizmo type of names. My dogs are Bella, Frazier & Jackie. Good for you. Great names.

OMGOSH :eek: I thought I had a lot of pets. Good to see you give your pet names real names. I don't like the Spot or Gizmo type of names. My dogs are Bella, Frazier & Jackie. Good for you. Great names.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I can't take credit for them all, as some of them were rescues and came to us with those names (or close). Mikey's name seemed to fit his personality, so we left it. Missy was Sissy, which we didn't care for, so we changed it. And Mandy was Candy, ditto. (We thought it was easier to maintain a similar sounding name if possible...)

What a fun thread this has been...I have read all of them and you guys have really entertained me.

Thanks to:

Frank, John R, Mike, Jordan, Nick, Cap, LindaZ, Ted B, Kim, Paul, Ken, Craig, The Dude, Martin, Leigh, Al, Lyndee, Ricky, Harrison, Phyer Phyter, Blake, Adam C, Mike T, Rick W
Bert, John P., Al, Connie, Bill, Jim T, Catalyst, Muskieman911, Garrie, Les, Allan R. Oddstray, Phil, Don, AJ B, Stefani, Itsmike, Simonramsden, Jim, Arnie, Dave, Dave Van Artsdalen, Chandresh Mike Parker, Michael, Jon, Mrpsmr, Michael Schuster, Anthony, Norm SLRShooter, Seabee1999, Kurbs, Ian, Chris Kelleher, Don, Hyper Performance Dave, Stephan, Robert Dlpens, Will, Alan, Nchesher, Tracey, Kristen, Gene.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Keep it going...I love reading these answers.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I can't take credit for them all, as some of them were rescues and came to us with those names (or close). Mikey's name seemed to fit his personality, so we left it. Missy was Sissy, which we didn't care for, so we changed it. And Mandy was Candy, ditto. (We thought it was easier to maintain a similar sounding name if possible...)

Wow that makes it even more special...what a pet angel you are . :wink:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:00am

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I use Blockbuster Online, rarely go to the theatres

3. What is your favorite TV show? Heroes, 24, and Man vs. Wild

4. What do you usually have for breakfast? Several cups of coffee, cereal, and a banana. I get up early, so I spread it all out over the morning

5. What food do you dislike? My wife was raised as a vegetarian, and I CAN'T STAND the fake meat products.

6. What is your favorite song? I love too much music to even narrow it down to a single genre, let alone a song.

7. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Aveo

8. Favorite sandwich? Meatball sub from Subway, with lots of onions

9. Favorite item of clothing? My camo cargo shorts

10. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Depends on my mood -if I feel like seeing the world, Europe. If I feel like doing absolutely nothing and unwinding, I would just pick an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean.

11.Where would you retire to? Marquette, MI

12.What was your most recent memorable birthday? None of them really, we don't celebrate birthdays much. But this year I am picking out an HDTV for myself (never had one before), so I am excited

13. Favorite sport to watch? Football and hockey (GO WINGS!)

14. When is your birthday? October 15

15. What is your shoe size? 10 1/2

16. Pets? My puggle, Rufus

17. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Umm.. yes, I will soon.

18. What did you want to be when you were little? Typical little boy stuff.. firefighter or astronaut

19. How are you today? Extremely excited

20. What is your favorite flower? Whatever kind gets me out of trouble with my wife

forward to? June 3, 2009

22. What is your favorite pastime? Video games

23. What was the last thing you ate? Some ice cream last night

24. Hair color? Brown with quite a bit of grey

25. Hugs or kisses? Both

Latest threads

Top Bottom