Get Your Marshmellows - Campfire

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by strobel, Aug 23, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Post your campfire photo, if you have them.

Just fooling around with my camera while sitting around the campfire. I shot this at 1/30 of a second at 2.8. I did not have a tripod. I just like the way it looks.

Ron

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Very cool fire pit Ron! I really like the horse silhouettes. (Dang - I wish we had a spell checker here!)

3. Chris, I just downloaded a spell checker at: http://www.iespell.com/ and it works much faster than the old spell checker here at the Cafe. All I have to do is right click the box I am in and select check spelling. One second later it is done.

By the way Ron, here is my contribution to your thread. This was a high ISO shot and has some blown highlights but it is all I had.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Not a campfire, but...

Ron :

Well, here are a few from last Christmas Eve in Santa Fe, when the Canyon Road area is filled with faralitos and luminarias, with families walking and caroling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not all exactly "campfires", but the idea's there. And the hot spots in the last one aren't due to digital noise - the fire was spitting sparks for some substantial distance !

And I was downwind ! No matter.

Always shoot.

John P.

5. I'd play too but it's dang 96* during the day and 85* at night so I'm not enduring any additional suffering!:Whistle:

:wink: :redface: