Getting By The Bay Bridge Toll Station Without Paying!!!

It turned out to be a beautiful overcast day with the temperature just right to check on one of the Osprey nests I visit during the season and for a 45-mile bike ride. There really is no traffic there today, but the poor souls that had to travel that road (RT. 50) last Friday were stuck in an 18-mile backup, yes 18-miles because they didn't open up enough lanes to handle beach traffic.

Here's a screen grab from the old GoPro Hero2 HD cam while blowing by the toll station. I love that maintenance road that is closed to automobile traffic.

8997748967_15a896f11d_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here's one a 100 yards or so past the toll stations where some unlucky person picked up a parasite, which will suck about $70 out of his wallet if he's lucky.

8997748639_9bd9f5e73c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bicycles are not subject to the toll? A 45 mile bike ride is rather extreme to save a couple of bucks. :eek:
EDIT: I googled images of said bridge traffic. Holee crap. How many times over has that bridge been paid for by the toll?
EDIT EDIT: BTW, I noticed I say holeee crap alot (or y'all must be crazy) whenever I google something to do with the heavily populated areas in the USA. Just say'n :biggrin:

Bicycles are not subject to the toll? A 45 mile bike ride is rather extreme to save a couple of bucks. :eek:
EDIT: I googled images of said bridge traffic. Holee crap. How many times over has that bridge been paid for by the toll?

At $4.00 a pop for single axle they are making a killing!!!!

Unfortunately we can't get over the bridge on our bikes as it isn't allowed.:mad:

The funny part is I don't live too far from that thing, I had to drive to another starting location to meet up with friends to ride with. It adds more miles so all is good.

EDIT EDIT: BTW, I noticed I say holeee crap whenever I google something to do with the heavily populated areas in the USA. Just say'n :biggrin:

And to think, the wife and I put in an offer on a second home on the other side of the bridge. I said to my wife Friday, aren't you glad they didn't accept our offer.:biggrin: That didn't go over well.

It turned out to be a beautiful overcast day with the temperature just right to check on one of the Osprey nests I visit during the season and for a 45-mile bike ride. There really is no traffic there today, but the poor souls that had to travel that road (RT. 50) last Friday were stuck in an 18-mile backup, yes 18-miles because they didn't open up enough lanes to handle beach traffic.

I thought that the reason why there was a backup was because of what was left of Tropical Storm Andrea. Because of the heavy rain, the officials did not want to have two way traffic on the west side span.

I thought that the reason why there was a backup was because of what was left of Tropical Storm Andrea. Because of the heavy rain, the officials did not want to have two way traffic on the west side span.

Yep. They pretty much picked the wrong lanes to keep closed. Definitely not a smart move on their part.

wow I wish the traffic here is ONLY 18 miles. That would be like a holiday! My everyday commute consists of traversing 40 miles of pure 1mph traffic, both ways, Monday to Friday. When Obama was here, the traffic got so bad that everyone just left their cars and walked home.

And when I was a kid we used to walk ten miles through two feet of snow to school in the winter...and it was uphill both ways. :rolleyes:

Worst traffic in the U.S. (Washington D.C. and Los Angeles have the longest commutes in the nation)
1. Los Angeles
2. Honolulu
3. San Franscisco
4. Austin
5. New York
6. Bridgeport, Conn.
7. San Jose
8. Seattle
9. Washington, D.C.
10. Boston

Real Name
Chris
And when I was a kid we used to walk ten miles through two feet of snow to school in the winter...and it was uphill both ways. :rolleyes:

Worst traffic in the U.S. (Washington D.C. and Los Angeles have the longest commutes in the nation)
1. Los Angeles
2. Honolulu
3. San Franscisco
4. Austin
5. New York
6. Bridgeport, Conn.
7. San Jose
8. Seattle
9. Washington, D.C.
10. Boston

You must have gone to the same school I did Rich!

I feel the traffic here is bad, but it's way worse in those places! And look, we are even trying to introduce public transportation here, where the average commute is 23 miles.

... we 'ad to work a 48-hour shift down t'pit, and pay t'mill owner for t'privilege...

/Yorkshire

:biggrin:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom