1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Getting Hot...(and some passing thoughts as well)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seabee1999, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Well, it is starting to get hot around here. I know other places in the country are already past the 100 degree mark for several days but we will be reaching that mark this week. With the increase in temperature and summer training with my job, my July is spent on the photography side. This weekend I leave for 2 weeks to fire off some large weapons as well as for combat skills training. At the end of that time, my wife and I will be making our way to the San Francisco area (Sebastopol to be exact). I was so hoping to photograph the green-ness of the Big Sur region but with recent fires there, everything will be black and charred and possibly still burning (good photo op but not what I was looking for). So I will photograph the Bodega Bay/Sebastopol area instead. Hopefully the smoke won't reach that far north.

I guess I say all of that to say this, I will be taking a much needed break from my regular shooting. I am not a big fan of the heat and walking around in it and I feel my creative juices are a bit tapped right now. I plan to return to regular shooting in August just before my classes start back up again. I will lurk here on the Cafe and comment from time to time so I won't be totally gone. I hope and pray everyone had a safe and great 4th of July and will remain to be safe throughout the month. I look forward to seeing everyone's shots and placing my own shortly.

God Bless,
    David

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.