Getting Married and have questions

What is the going rate of a wedding phototog? The package i was just quoted was this:

2 photogs
unlimited images
10x10 album 30 pages
11x14 on canvas
50 wallets.
dvd of all images taken (high rez)

what would you charge for that?

In my area, things vary wildly from photog to photog, but I'd say something like $3000-$5000.

unlimited images? :confused:
dvd of all images taken (high rez) :confused: There needs to be a definition of "high-rez" and if they are JPEGs, TIFFs, etc.

What is the going rate of a wedding phototog? The package i was just quoted was this:

10x10 album 30 pages

Depends largely upon two things.
  1. How many hours each photographer is going to put in.
  2. Whether the 10x10 Album is matted or digital flush mount.

2 photogs
unlimited images
10x10 album 30 pages
11x14 on canvas
50 wallets.
dvd of all images taken (high rez)

$3,500 is about average for the Pittsburgh area for what you were quoted. Like others have said it varies widely. I've seen it for $1,000 and $9400

I would get more details on the album. Is the outside cover real leather, fake leather or something else? How thick are the pages? Will he tell you who makes it?

Two photogs and all the PPing and the prints for $1000? Not this guy.

I'm not a pro, but even my time is worth more than that.

And what is a Digital Flush album?

Two photogs and all the PPing and the prints for $1000? Not this guy.

I'm not a pro, but even my time is worth more than that.

And what is a Digital Flush album?

I started to try to explain but I think it will be easier if you see examples.

In in effort to lower costs for my wedding I looked into designing and having one printed myself but found that most printers will not deal with anyone other then "professional wedding photographers", and even if I did find a place to print it, I wasn't really saving much.

$3500-$5000 as a starting price for 2 photogs, a dvd of high res images and the prints/canvas...but I don't know any wedding photographers who will give all the images taken or even unlimited images. And yes, I'm a wedding photog. :)

$3500-$5000 as a starting price for 2 photogs, a dvd of high res images and the prints/canvas...but I don't know any wedding photographers who will give all the images taken or even unlimited images. And yes, I'm a wedding photog. :)

oops...I didn't see the canvas.

Probably around $4200

I include jpg's in album packages

Personally, for all that... I would charge $3,000-3,500

the album is on the smaller side, so is the canvas. wallets are cheap, and a second photog isn't an issue. The travel for Florida is though, so I would have to charge you for travel too. ;)

oops...I didn't see the canvas.

Probably around $4200

I include jpg's in album packages

I do too, on a disk. High res as well. But not all the photos taken. Just the ones that will represent the wedding (and the photographer :) ) well. Usually averages about 150-300 shots. But I rarely sell print packages anymore. People aren't wanting them as much as they are the photos on disk.

I don't include raw un-retouched photos either. Only the processed ones.

I do too, on a disk. High res as well. But not all the photos taken. Just the ones that will represent the wedding (and the photographer :) ) well. Usually averages about 150-300 shots. But I rarely sell print packages anymore. People aren't wanting them as much as they are the photos on disk.

I don't include raw un-retouched photos either. Only the processed ones.

I do the same...I shoot on the heavy side so the end up with more, but it's the same idea.

Latest threads

Top Bottom