Getting on with life...

Real Name
Dan
Well by bride and I have declared an end to the covid era. We leave Monday night for our first international travel since this all began. We're headed to Spain for three weeks. After a couple of days to recover from the travel we'll be doing a self-guided bike tour from the Cantabrian coast up into the Picos and back. Then will hire a car and drive the Cantabrian/Asturian/Galician coast around to Santiago de Compostela. Then the train back to Madrid with a couple more nights there to allow time for covid testing etc. So I have to brush up on my Sony A6000 menu navigation. Haven't used it in a couple of years. Only camera I've disliked more than this one was the Nikon V1 :(

Good onya both, Dan! Of course, we'll be expecting awesome documentary photos to be displayed here at the Café. Did a similar bike ride for 7 days along the Costa Brava coast a coupla years back, and it was amazing. Good vibes headed your way, buddy.

Real Name
Dan
Good onya both, Dan! Of course, we'll be expecting awesome documentary photos to be displayed here at the Café. Did a similar bike ride for 7 days along the Costa Brava coast a coupla years back, and it was amazing. Good vibes headed your way, buddy.
Thanks, Eric. We rode Costa Brava back in 2017. We showed up in Barcelona the day that all of Catalonia went on strike after the federal police tried to stop their vote for independence. It was interesting to say the least. Totally peaceful but weird to be in the middle of it. We've also done Andalucia which I highly recommend. We do a bike trip in Europe every year. Everywhere we've been has been great but I enjoy Spain the most because I speak enough of the language to be able to communicate in rural areas during our bike week.

Real Name
Dan
Good for you guys Dan, sounds like a great trip...Enjoy!
Thanks, Louie.
Enjoy the tour, Dan!

I look forward to hearing from you about what it was like to have a face mask on at the departing airport, on the airplane and at the returning airport. That's a lot of time and I don't think I've ever worn a mask more than 30 minutes.
Thanks, Mike. We're not looking forward to all of the mask wearing. It takes us about 30 hours to get to Madrid with masks required the whole time. Then a six hour train ride the next day. I guess if doctors can do it we can too. Good news is no masks the whole time we're on the bike and traveling by car. My wife really hates wearing a mask. But she's determined to get on with the things that we enjoy while we're still physically able. I made a deal with her that I'm willing to go but the first time that she complains about the mask I get to order a Sony A1 :D

Notice I say that "I made a deal". She never actually signed the contract :rolleyes:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Enjoy the tour, Dan!

I look forward to hearing from you about what it was like to have a face mask on at the departing airport, on the airplane and at the returning airport. That's a lot of time and I don't think I've ever worn a mask more than 30 minutes.
We flew to Tanzaniz March 1, 2020. By the time we flew home on March 19, COVID panic had taken over. Thankfully, a nurse/pharmacist was on our tour and she had packed about 20 masks. She gave Justin and I 6 masks!

As I recall, we had something like a 3 hr wait in the airport, a 3 hr flight to Amsterdam (??? I forget....), a 3 hr layover, a 9 hour flight, another 3 hr layover, another 9 hr flight, another 3 hr layover, and a final 2 hr flight home.

ALL WITH A MASK ON VOLUNTARILY! Yep, I was sick of the things by the time we got to our final airport. But considering the hysteria and unknown.....was thankful we had them.

Now with vaccinations, much more knowledge of the virus and improved processes, you should be fine! Have a great time!

Real Name
Dan
Well we apparently avoided contracting covid while over here. We passed our test and will hopefully board our flight home in a few hours. Ironically as far as covid is concerned it's probably safer here. Alaska is going through a big surge in cases right now. But we come in contact with a lot fewer people there.

Sorry haven't posted any pics but only electronics that made the trip was our phones and I'm not up to the task. Plus my bride kept me too busy anyway. As much as we enjoy traveling we're looking forward to getting home.

Last edited:
Real Name
Dan
I am sure you have enjoyed the trip. I hope I can travel soon.
It was nice. But things still far from normal.
We discussed the requirement to wear a mask for about 30 hours on the way over. Was that relatively easy to deal with, difficult, or what?
I wouldn't say difficult but certainly annoying. Not enough of an impairment to avoid traveling.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom