Getting out and about

Finally getting out of the house since back surgery in May, still long way to go to regain full strength, but at least I can walk over 100yds and the monthly infusions have not had an adverse effect. My wife and I decided to have diner with friends at the Montaluce Vineyards in north Ga. Really a pretty nice evening and not too hot or humid. This also gave me the chance to play with my new Leica Q2, much smaller and lighter than even the Z7 with my smallest lens. I'm really liking this and will probably be added incentive to get out and about more often which will also help in regaining strength and recovery.

Image below is portrait my wife took as we were waiting for our friends to arrive. Had set the camera up for AWB, center weighted metering and aperature priority with aperature set at f1.7 on the fixed 28mm lens. Iso was 50 and believe the shutter speed ended up at 1/2000. Very pleased on the color and rendition and the sharpness of the lens at f1.7, also love the fall off into out of focus areas. I've attached the color but also added the B&W as I wanted to see how the files would convert. Pretty surprised on how easy it was to work with the files in C1 and really didn't have to make that many adjustments. Both images were finalized in PS and the conversion to B&W done in PS.

L1000036.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L1000036-BW.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Lovely rendering and I particularly like the black and white. Congratulations on being able to get out somewhat again. Hopefully things will keep getting better and you can do more soon.

Lovely rendering and I particularly like the black and white. Congratulations on being able to get out somewhat again. Hopefully things will keep getting better and you can do more soon.
Thank you, was very happy with how the BW conversion came out, feel that as the Q2 is so small and light weight I’ll find myself going out more often which in turn will help getting my mobility and strength back. Very happy with my decision.
Handsome model too!
Thank you Nick , very kind , but have to question if you were you partaking at the vineyard before us?

Thank you, was very happy with how the BW conversion came out, feel that as the Q2 is so small and light weight I’ll find myself going out more often which in turn will help getting my mobility and strength back. Very happy with my decision.

Thank you Nick , very kind , but have to question if you were you partaking at the vineyard before us?
Truth be told, I probably was partaking, but not at a vineyard, and certainly not at a setting that nice.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom