1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Getting Photoshop to match NX2 and web

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by bigwilly, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bigwilly

bigwilly

Oct 19, 2007
    Toronto
    Ok so I just received my new wide gamut Lenovo L220X monitor yesterday. The colours are great, reds are really red and green is really green. I setup the monitor to use sRGB and installed the supplied ICC profile in Vista 64. I quickly found out that IE7 was displaying images that were too red which was due to the fact that IE is not colour managed. I went ahead and install Mozilla firefox and the colour management addon. Now the images in Capture NX2 and Firefox displays my images exactly the same.
    The only thing now is that Photoshop does not, seems like it is not colour managed at all. I have fiddled around with the Colour Settings menu, but I guess I am lost because I am not getting it to display the same as NX2 / Firefox.
    For Working Spaces - RGB - I have set it to Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3001 just like CaptureNX. Color Management Polices -> RGB set to Preserve Embedded Profile.
    I am opening Jpegs exported from my RAW's in CaptureNX2 with the ICC profiles embedded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Try calibrating your monitor.

3. bigwilly

bigwilly

Oct 19, 2007
    Toronto
    I do eventually plan to get a colorimeter to "calibrate" my monitor. But that doesn't explain why Photoshop is not displaying the same as other applications displaying the same image on the same monitor. As Capture NX2 and Firefox are the same, I can only assume that the problem lies with the configuration of Photoshop.

4. bigwilly

bigwilly

Oct 19, 2007
    Toronto
    I just got done calibrating my two screens with a Spyder3 Pro and I figured out the issue. Since I have two LCD's photoshop seems to want to default to my primary display's colour profile even though it is on the second monitor, so the colours were off. I forced it to use the profile of the second monitor and all is good. I guess I'll just need to pick up another Lenovo L220X to avoid future confusion :) 

5. That will not necessarilly fix the issue as the calibration data might be different for each monitor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.