Getting psyched for the Eagle season...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Sep 17, 2005.

1. I'm hoping to catch a few more bald eagle photos this winter, and I thought I would post one from last year to set the mood :smile: These fellows would just touch the water, pop up 8 - 10 feet and then drop down again. In this photo the lower eagle is climbing while the upper eagle is dropping. D2h 500/4 TC14EII 1/500s f/5.6 ISO200 - about a 20% crop all around.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well my mood is that you are one lucky fella if you can go shot these guys!!
    Looking forward to your posts!

I did hear of one here in Orange county somewhere, may have to research that it bit more :smile:

3. What a gorgeous shot, Rory.
    Years ago I'd go to the island for business at times (fly to Campbell River, stay at the "Painter's Lodge" - Aahh, good times :smile: :smile: ) and I would love watching these guys.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, that is a great shot..
    Looking forward to what you can get this fall...

5. Hi Frits

Did you know that Painter's Lodge burned down a few years ago? They rebuilt it, but it does not have the same charm it once had.

6. Hi Ben

I'll be happy if I can get anything close to your avatar!

7. Wow, I did not know that. My last time there was in the mid-nineties - such a gorgeous place...

8. That image is really special. Can't wait to see this years offerings.

9. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Great picture Rory.

But I'm from the Philly area and expected to see Donovan McNabb! That's what we mean by "Getting psyched for the eagle season" around here.

10. Rory, I have been thinking the same thing. I have been looking for some eagles around here but have had no luck yet. I really want to get some pictures on the Skagit this year with the new camera. I have nothing to blame now but me. :smile: :smile: Thanks for posting this, as it makes me want to go out and find them all the more. I always enjoy looking at your pictures.

11. JWEAR

JWEAR

Jun 26, 2005
    LA
    Rory great capture and very good photo -lucky you need to find a bals eagle --outside of a zoo :biggrin: thanks for the look great job

12. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shot, Rory! Can't wait to see the results from this year.

13. This is a really great shot Rory, I hope we can get many like it this winter!

14. I had not thought of that! How will the Philly eagles do, do you think? I watched part of the Atlanta game, which was a defensive matchup - who would have thought that?

15. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Everybody expects another super bowl appearance. It may happen, barring important injuries. Philly fans are a hardy lot who live with crossed fingers after no titles in any sport since 1983(Sixers). Here's a picture of one right after last year's super bowl.

[​IMG]

16. Rory,

Excellent picture. Background is dead on. Wall candidate IMO !

17. Thanks Jay. Believe it or not I have yet to make a print of this one - guess I better get my you know what in gear...