1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Getting ready - busy shooting schedule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmell, Feb 7, 2018.

1. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'm getting everything planned, cleaned and organized for about six weeks of extensive photo shoots. Basketball, rodeo, cheer, portrait sessions, sandhill cranes and prairie chickens. I've got most of the ideas in a notebook. I have to plan or I forget stuff. mess.

• Wow Wow x 3
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Wow! That's a lot of gear! Have fun and hopefully makes some money! LOL!

3. Boys and their toys!

Yup, written plans at our age are a must.

4. Most impressive collection of gear. No question, you have to have fun with all of that equipment.

5. Now that is a stockpile of fun stuff.

6. Where are the lenses?

7. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    Hopefully!

8. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'll still forget something somewhere. I always do.

9. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    All of the triggers are great, but they can make for a real headache as well. I literally draw out little diagrams to make sure it works with remote cameras.

10. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    It's taken me 35 years to get much of it!

11. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    In the black pelican case under the cameras and in another pelican case. Most of the time I use my 300/2.8, 70-200, 85mm, 20mm and a 14-24. I have others, but those listed seem to get used the most. I try to get to two cases for most off-site shoots.

12. So, nothing between 24 and 85mm? A 24-85 zoom covers 90% of my shooting :LOL: .

Different subjects.

13. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    I do use a 50mm and 55mm quite a bit. I shoot a lot of studio portraits with those lenses. Not a big zoom guy for some reason.

14. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    First image from the set up. I've learned a few things about remotes.

39329387735_d5781ee007_b.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.