getting ready for 100th wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by panama, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I be shooting my 100th wedding this Saturday in Pico Rivera Los Angeles. I'll be driving 5 hours to this assignment. Hoping for great weather and good captures. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome with samples.
    It has been a long time since I have posted any pics here.
    I'm going to use my D300 as a main body as well as a Mamiya 645. We'll see what happens.:wink:

2. Best of luck - a real milestone!

3. that is awesome
    congratulations
    can't wait to see the pictures

5 hours to and from....
    hmmmmm
    is that commonplace for you?

4. Congrats! Have you always counted or did you have to go back and count them up?

5. Congrats on your milestone. I am still far away from that myself.

6. It's supposed to be from the mid 80's to the low 90's in that area this weekend so I hope the wedding and reception are indoors in an irconditioned space.
    5 hours? Where are you coming from?

7. Sometimes it is. I have shot in LA before as well as Pismo Beach which is about 4 hours one trip. My little brother called me last week and said "do you want a free trip to Cancun Mexico?" I said what do you mean? Is this a joke?
    He asked me to shoot his wedding in Cancun or Cabo and he'll pay everything for me. Of course, I won't charge my brother for shooting his wedding..but I'll get four days of travel photography in that region of Mexico at no cost. That's a no brainer.:wink:

8. I have always counted... I really like photography. I still have my first SLR (an Olympus QS20). I can't seem to get get rid of any of my old gear. I find myself taking notes on everything I do. Even counting weddings.

9. That is good weather for that area. I'll shooting indoors at the church, then outdoors at a park, then indoors again at a reception then outdoors once more at a golf country club.
    I'll have a lot of mixture of light. I will be coming from the Central Valley of California which is 2 hours south of San Fransico.