Getting ready for Merritt III

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just to get everyone's appetite whetted for the upcoming Merritt III session, I thought I'd post some shots from last February's session. I'll start with some of the Pelicans that we shot at Sebastian Inlet.

Gliding by:

[​IMG]

Overhead:

[​IMG]

Preening:

[​IMG]

On final:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just posing:

[​IMG]

It's going to be fun folks. :smile:

2. I have been waiting for this thread

Great stuff Frank, with another year under our belts figuring out this photography thing we should get some nice stuff this spring. Just thinking about this the other night...great minds think a like... I cant wait till Feb. Here are a few of mine I will add to the thread
    Bald Eagle
    original.
    Snowy
    View attachment 21309
    Crested Cara Cara
    View attachment 21310
    Draggin a wing
    View attachment 21311
    Eye to Eye
    View attachment 21312

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Most excellent Mike. I remember most of these guys. Was the Eagle the one from Viera or Blackpoint?

4. The Eagle was from Blackpoint Harris Bob Hoge got it on our way to the "POOL" where you guys were shooting. I think eagle eye Harris spotted him way off and he let us walk right up on him

5. Thank God I'm a local and it will only cost me a tank of gas!! Great shots, guys!!!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rub it in Kev. :rolleyes:

7. Outstanding shots, loof forward to it.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    So does that mean that you are coming back for MIII Louie? :smile:

9. Looks like you guys are ready to go! Great pics from all!

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Ah, memories from Flew and Mike. I remember those birds. Great shots with more to come.

11. Well, Kevin since you are a local and only have to spend money on gas why not put some of us up in your house? Or hey better idea? Treat the group to dinner.. :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: (Kidding)

12. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Those are all great shots, how far is Merrit from New Orleans?

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

Just about exactly the same distance as it is from where I live in Huntsville (around 750 miles). Come on over. :smile:

14. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Flew, do you want to pick you up as I'm driving by?

15. Wow!!! I just looked at this post. While they are all GREAT shots here, that first Brown Pelican in-flight shot is absolutely STUNNING!! Very impressive.

I am going to like this place. Seeing all these species and great shots from down south really makes me want to travel again. Oh yeah, gotta have money for that. :smile:

Cheers

Tim

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

It would be about 350 miles (times 2) out of your way. Why don't we just meet at Viera....:biggrin:

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Tim,

Thanks for the kind words. To put it mildly, the Merritt Island area is a target rich environment. There are tons of shots like this one waiting to be taken. Why don't you join us? :smile:

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    1100 from Shrevesport :>)))

Believe that is right. Drove it about 13 years ago.

19. Oh man, believe me I would LOVE to, but I am so poor right now and cannot afford anything beyond paying my mortgage and eating. My total humble income now is only from my phoro sales and recording gigs. My total income for 2005 is around $10,000. :frown: Hopefully 2006 will be a better year.

Thanks for the invite though.

t

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    The 1100 may be right but I think it was more than 13 tears ago Gale. You told me you made that trip by wagon train. :biggrin: