Getting ready for upgrades

Recently i have been getting ready to swap out my Z50.

My plan is to get 2 new bodies for different things, Body 1 will be a used Z7 to full spectrum mod, this body will eb used for IR and astro with and some of my night landscape and street sessions. Body 2 will be a Z7II that will be used for my wild life, landscape and also some of my night landscape and street. (where the full spectrum might now be usable)

My new lens list

Nikon z 24mm F1.8
Nikon Z 24-70 F4
Sigma 60-600 sport
considering getting the Viltrox 85mm F1.8Z last if i later spot a good deal.

Some of the Oh i forgot items i have bought when spotted as a good deal, like memory card and card reader sensor swabs etc.

Any sugestions on items i should get before getting the Z7/Z7II bodies?

Ps my Z50 and lenses have been put up for sale and will be paying for either the sigma 60-600 partialy or the 24mm z lens

The Nikon 500mm PF works very
Cormorant for web 2Feb2021.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
well with my Z cameras and you can use all three of the Nikon teleconverters with it. I recently got the Viltrox f/1.8 lens. I have not had an opportunity to use it for people but have used it for landscape and am impressed with it. Here is a shot with the 500mm PF and TC-20E III and the Nikon Z7 II.

Well my Z50 and FTZ just sold so now on to the next thing :D

looking at getting a used Z7 to give a full spectrum mod this friday.
might be a few before i get some new glass to use on the Z7 after mod, since i plan to get a new FTZ with the Z7II.

Quick question
a former coworker is telling me to get a Z6 over the Z7 for my IR and astro photography.
My main focus with the moddel cam would be.
IR landscape and city pictures day and night.
some occasional Ir wildlife shooting with a small tele zoom.
landscape astro photography
and also later some deep sky astro photography.

his main point is "cleaner" image and less noise.

for me i want more resolution to be able to recompose or crop, and when i get a Z7II i will have the same resolution when doing combining something together.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom