Getting started with panorama ...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Boobie Joe, Sep 21, 2005.

1. I have tried my first panorama pictures yesterday and it was very pleasant. It is really something different as the exposure and lines become another challenge for this type of photography.

I will show 4 examples (1 from yesterday sept. 20 and 3 from today sept 21)

The first example is done with a D2H and a 50mm 1.8 set to F8. Since this lens has very little geometric distortion, it was quite easy to fix in PSCS Photomerge action. This was composed of 4 shots.

The 3 others were done with the D2X (set to 12.4MP) + Nikon AF-S 17-35 2.8 and are composed of 4 or 5 shots. Now, those were not as easy to do as the other. You need to consider the Light Falloff, the distortion, the exposure in a much more attentive way.

Here are the 3 shots anyways. Not perfect but thill between 40 and 50 MP at the end nevertheless ... lol

original.

original.

In Harsh Light ...
    original.

original.

Hope you like them.

:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

4. I have the dreaded red X on the first two but the last one is visable. Nice job on putting this interesting scene together. I do wonder why you didn't crop out the iron bar sticking out from the top left of this image. Love the colors and exposure on this image as well.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005