Getting Topaz filters to work with PS CC2017

That is what totally turned me OFF of Topaz and haven't bought anything new since they started requiring this. The arrogance of theirs to tell me where I HAVE to put ALL of my Photoshop extras and plugins. I don't mind if they want theirs in that place, but to force me to put ALL my additional Photoshop stuff into the Topaz folder is beyond the pale! (Photoshop has only one folder for it to look in for plugins and added brushes.)

I actually prefer to have all the extra stuff in a totally different hard drive so if the C: drive dies I will still be able to retrieve the Photoshop capability easier. Happened once since I split them out like that, no problems at all other than re-imaging the boot drive.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Why do you say they make you put other things in their folder?
Can't you simply run their install and it all works?
Trying to move executables away from the normal place they expect to live on your C: drive is always going to be troublesome. Much better to go with the flow and let things live where they want to.

As far as the C: drive getting corrupted or dying goes, you should have an image backup so you can get Windows, Photoshop and all other software, settings, plugins etc working again in 20 minutes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom