Gettysburg Monuments

In addition to all of the reenactment battle scenes, I'm working my way through endless images of various monuments on the battlefields. Here are a couple that I processed so far:

1: Pennsylvania Memorial
p1736589455.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2: Ohio's Tribute
p1735577911.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
As usual, Glenn, fine work!

On #2, however, on either side of the monument right above the tree line, where the trees meet the clouds, I'm noticing a light grey line (it almost seems like an absence of color). One the right side, the grey is continuous and extends to the edge of the image. On the left, the line starts and stops. Is that from PP, or is that part of the actual lighting?

The lighting in the second shot (Ohio's Tribute) is especially dramatic.
Did you do any special processing?

Terrific!

Alvin

Thanks Alvin...the second one is a five exposure HDR image.

As usual, Glenn, fine work!

On #2, however, on either side of the monument right above the tree line, where the trees meet the clouds, I'm noticing a light grey line (it almost seems like an absence of color). One the right side, the grey is continuous and extends to the edge of the image. On the left, the line starts and stops. Is that from PP, or is that part of the actual lighting?

Thanks Lyndee...it appears to me that there was a problem with my HDR processing of the sky. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Back to the drawing board...

Glenn

Wonderful shots, Glenn! Will stop there in August (doing the Lincoln Highway).

really love the mood you brought out in #2
for me, it's challenging to get that kind of result with HDR, without looking flat
i'd love to peek over your shoulder sometime to get clues from your workflow

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Glenn, my second look at these. Very nice - but on #2 it looks like the masking along either side of the steeple and along the trees line (especially on the left) needs to be examined.

#2 is my fav, beautiful capture/treatment.

Thanks!

Wonderful shots, Glenn! Will stop there in August (doing the Lincoln Highway).

Thanks Klaus-Peter...enjoy!

really love the mood you brought out in #2
for me, it's challenging to get that kind of result with HDR, without looking flat
i'd love to peek over your shoulder sometime to get clues from your workflow

Thank you, Rob. Once the HDR is processed, I bring the file back into my normal workflow (LR and CS5) and bring back some contrast.

Glenn, my second look at these. Very nice - but on #2 it looks like the masking along either side of the steeple and along the trees line (especially on the left) needs to be examined.

Thanks Karen...yes, there was a problem with this HDR conversion. I went back and fixed it--although I haven't posted the corrected one yet.

Glenn

Thanks John...no, I didn't see any access to the top of that memorial.

Ah, there is a narrow spiral stair case in the SW column. Nevertheless, all your images are excellent!

Wow! I didn't see that. I approached the monument to read some of the plaques--and that was about as close as I got.

Glenn

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom