Gilded Idol

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Raindog, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Raindog

Raindog

Nov 26, 2005
    Asheville, NC
    Part of the art walk near the marina in Sarasota.

_DSC9302-fin.

D2H, 200/2, F2.8, ISO200, 1/640

2. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    Strange thing! I am not much of an art appreciation type of person so these types of objects just do not do anything for me. What is it suppose to be or show. I am one of those people that like a painting to be detailed and instantly know what i am looking at. The photo itself is good you can see the textures in the black color, good exposure.

Are you into the style of art or did this piece just call for a photo to be taken?

3. I like this, with the exception of the "breasts". The face looks too masculine for them. But I'm not an art critique...

Nice picture though, good capture of the texture which can easily be lost when shooting straight on.

4. Bbbrrrr, reminds me of Belphégor, the phantom of the "Louvre". Scared me when I was a kid in the sixties...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Added later: In fact, if I remember well, the (surprise!) villain who was Belphégor was a woman. The more I think of it, the more I believe this statue represents Belphégor.....or maybe it is just my childhood fears resurfacing... :Shocked: :Shocked:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005