Gipau

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Sybull, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Last week went to the south of France to look over the farm my dad has bought to retire to. It had load of old, run down out-buildings which I wish I had more time to take photo's of. Here is a picture of the main farm house looking up the drive.

[​IMG]

I have PP'd it and was trying to go for split tone with sepia and a touch of blue (Seemed like a good idea at the time!). I was trying to re-create the feel of those oldish sepia postcards you used to get.Not sure if I have pulled it off though.

Your honesty will help me to improve. Please let me have your initial reaction to seeing the photo.

Thanks

2. APandya

APandya

Jul 2, 2008
    NJ
    I dig the shot but for me I think a little more sharpening on the building itself would make it more pleasing. I would love to be able to get more of a sense of the textures that make up this building.

Oh, and when trying to go for that very cool old school shot, make sure not to include their satellite tv dish!:smile: I bet they get all the great futbol games with that thing!

3. interesting look
    would love to see more of the inside

4. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    I love the pic it does give that old school feel to it but couldn't help but giggle at this comment below.:biggrin:

5. I want to remove the sattelite dish , but there is a window behind it, and just cloning part of blank wall would look strange. minght hve a look at trying to clone the other window, reducing it and then cloning that on top of the dish.

6. Here is the main hallway....very wide !
    [​IMG]

..the kitchen..
    [​IMG]

...the front room...
    [​IMG]

...the upstairs landing....
    [​IMG]

It is basically a wide hallway with 2 rooms of each side (front and back). Not a very imaganative use of quite a large area, but has possibilities.

(I kept the sepia theme for continuity:tongue:)