Girls H.S LAX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 28, 2007.

1. I shot the local H.S game today since my pay gig was postponed due to wet fields in north Jersey.
    It was overcast, which I like all shot with the d2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ##3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow super action shots
    All are just great

3. Hey Mike,

Spot on as usual. I have got to find some lacrosse to shoot. Yours and Mark's shots are just driving me nuts. Keep them coming!

4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Wow Mike...just wow! Outstanding...as usual. I just love the sharp..but smooth look your photos have to them.

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I've never seen this game before but it looks like the girls mean business. Great action shots.

6. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Great shots as usual Mike. You and Frank (Eng45ine) should think about running a photo clinic for sports shooting. I really admire the creamy look you get ..... ofcourse the timing, composition, colors and sharpness is great as in all your shots. Outstanding Mike!

7. Doesn't get much better than this.

8. inspirational stuff Mike, really amazing stillness & smoothness...& u said u couldn't jump this high

9. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    WOW mike, that Bokeh is great, and so are your shots. I really need a 300 2.8!

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding Mike, any tighter and we'd hear their voices and grunts. Wonderful everything. Mr. Mike Mac, your table is ready!

11. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    There you go doing it again....Please stop making the rest of us look bad...:biggrin:

Good shots Mike as always...Love em.

12. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very nice Mike , Don't you love cloudy days!!!

13. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots Mike, as usual. Someone else used the word that best describes your shots. "Smooth". While there are others in this forum that post great shots that are sharp with great colors, yours have a smoothness that I don't see in anyone elses. Just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.

14. Thanks again everyone for looking and commenting this is the best sports forum on the net, I participate on other boards but this is the best and friendliest

15. Mike these are great. Not only are they sharp as tacks, but to make it better you captured the intensity of the athletes. My hat's off. Now I have a target to emulate.

Rich

16. Thanks Rich
    I think the 100-300 you jsut picked up will be a fantastic sports lens, I cant wait to see your results.I hsot alongside a gentleman last week who was using the Sigma 100-300 he loved it for sports

17. A question for you and Frank (Eng45ine). How do you set up your for daylight sports?

Thans, Rich

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    ISO: according to ambient lighting and what shutter speeds I need to maintain
    Mode: Aperture Priority with aperture somewhere between wide open to f/8 depending on the DOF I need.
    WB: according to skies
    AF-Continous focusing
    Metering: matrix
    EV compensation: pending highlights

19. Thanks! With a passle of grandkids participating in Spring soccer I should get enough practie.

Rich

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's great Rich, we need more regulars down here!