Girls H.S LAX

I shot the local H.S game today since my pay gig was postponed due to wet fields in north Jersey.
It was overcast, which I like all shot with the d2X and the 300 2.8 with 1.4 tele
lax040.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lax049.jpg

##3
lax045.jpg

lax068.jpg

lax041.jpg

lax047.jpg

lax044.jpg

lax048.jpg

lax050.jpg

lax051.jpg

lax042.jpg

Hey Mike,

Spot on as usual. I have got to find some lacrosse to shoot. Yours and Mark's shots are just driving me nuts. Keep them coming!

I've never seen this game before but it looks like the girls mean business. Great action shots.

Great shots as usual Mike. You and Frank (Eng45ine) should think about running a photo clinic for sports shooting. I really admire the creamy look you get ..... ofcourse the timing, composition, colors and sharpness is great as in all your shots. Outstanding Mike!

Real Name
Randy
inspirational stuff Mike, really amazing stillness & smoothness...& u said u couldn't jump this high

WOW mike, that Bokeh is great, and so are your shots. I really need a 300 2.8!

Outstanding Mike, any tighter and we'd hear their voices and grunts. Wonderful everything. Mr. Mike Mac, your table is ready!

There you go doing it again....Please stop making the rest of us look bad...:biggrin:

Good shots Mike as always...Love em.

Great shots Mike, as usual. Someone else used the word that best describes your shots. "Smooth". While there are others in this forum that post great shots that are sharp with great colors, yours have a smoothness that I don't see in anyone elses. Just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone.

Thanks again everyone for looking and commenting this is the best sports forum on the net, I participate on other boards but this is the best and friendliest

Mike these are great. Not only are they sharp as tacks, but to make it better you captured the intensity of the athletes. My hat's off. Now I have a target to emulate.

Rich

Thanks Rich
I think the 100-300 you jsut picked up will be a fantastic sports lens, I cant wait to see your results.I hsot alongside a gentleman last week who was using the Sigma 100-300 he loved it for sports

A question for you and Frank (Eng45ine). How do you set up your for daylight sports?

Thans, Rich

ISO: according to ambient lighting and what shutter speeds I need to maintain
Mode: Aperture Priority with aperture somewhere between wide open to f/8 depending on the DOF I need.
WB: according to skies
AF-Continous focusing
Metering: matrix
EV compensation: pending highlights

Latest threads

Top Bottom