Girls U10 U12 Girls Fastpitch Softball

Well I have been absent from this forum and from shootign sports since around Christmas. Job and family obligations have kept me busy. With my project winding down at work and spring here I hope to start shooting sports every weekend going forward.
Yesterday I shot a Girls softball tournament here in NJ in consisted of 25 plus teams, my job was the U12's with one U10 game. Let me tell you these girls can play.
It took a few innings to shake off the rust and get my timing back but after a while it got easier to anticipate the action.
The company I shoot for requires real tight framing since the specialize in posters and montages and want isolation shots. During a typical game I am expected to take around 350-400 shots so one is quite busy.
As always trying to capure the intesity and action of the game.
So I host with the 300 2.8 AFS on my D2X and positioned myself between the bag and halfway up the dugout on both the first and third base line. during warmups I would kneel right next to the catcher and get some shots of the pitcher warming up.
Next time I will throw on the 200-400 with 1.4 tele and some shots from center field
So here are some from yesterday I will split into multiple posts to keep the number of images down
#1 Throw to second
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 The windup

#3 Throw to first

#4 Running to first

#5 Batting

#6 Sporature

#7 Collision at 2nd

#8 shortstop

Awesome, Mike! You captured some great expressions along with the action. I'm looking forward to the 200-400 + 1.4 images!

Holey Smokes Mike
Did not take long to brush off the rust:>)))
Fantastic images

T

TheBear

WOW! such intensity in most of those pics. Nice work on capturing those moments. vey nice!

Mike, well it doesn't seem to matter what subject you shoot, your shots are consistently among the sharpest, cleanest, top-notch images to be seen, and these are no exception.

You and that 300 2.8 must be possessed or something. :eek:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom