Girls Varsity Softball... A different Angle

I shot the local H.S varsity team today they are on a roll and playing real well. In addition to the normal shots I tried a few new things out
All shots wiht the D2X and the 300 2.8
I shot these first shots from the outfield fence looking in at the batter and catching the ball after being hit. In a few shots I included the pitcher in the shot. Let me know what you think about this view
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yep...Like em a lot.....

That would be a shot I want if I had the reach..Good stuff Mike.
That is also the best angle for the catcher..

I like them as well however i am not a huge fan of the ones with the pitcher in them but that is just me. Other then that they are awesome.

I think your timing is amazing:))
Great shots

I like the pitcher in the first pitcher shot. The second pitcher shot is a bit distrating to me.

G

Gr8Tr1x

I like them alot. I prefer seeing just the batter, ump and catcher though. The backside of a pitcher doesn't add anything, IMO.

Hey Mike,

These are great. I love the angles. I think it is truly something different when we break the traditional mold and get outside of the box. All of our shots lately have been looking pretty much the same. They have been great but primarily the same. This is getting creative. It almost looks like you were standing in the outfield. Looks like you had some great light to work with as well. Outstanding work!

Wow...I'd love to give that a try, but I don't think my "measly" 4.1 megapixel camera can handle the crop. Wow Mike!

I

ipsofacto

Its truly difficult to break through and find something creative that works, after all the norm pays the bills. If you can find an exceptionally great "unique" shot(like that money shot of the ball in focus in front of an OOF pitcher that everyone did for a while) you'll probably find it much more rewarding even when you don't find that perfect shot.

Mike,
You were "stretching" it with shooting from the outfield fence, weren't you? Since your exif read 600mm, I'm assuming HSC and cropping. Is that correct? These are great. I love 'em, and the angle is perfect. It is the ideal position for the batters.

Best Wishes,

I like all of them a lot. However, I find the pitcher to be distracting. I much prefer the shots of the batter/catcher and ump. Caught some great facial expressions.
The ones with pitcher in picture..:smile: , just didn't work for me.

Wow, very nice shots Mike.
I really like the expressions, in particular the "take that" look on #4.

I'll cast another vote on the pitcher being a distraction. If she wasn't quite so OOF it may work better.

Don

Hey Mike,

These are great. I love the angles. I think it is truly something different when we break the traditional mold and get outside of the box. All of our shots lately have been looking pretty much the same. They have been great but primarily the same. This is getting creative. It almost looks like you were standing in the outfield. Looks like you had some great light to work with as well. Outstanding work!
Ty thanks I was standing at the centerfield fence and shooting in today I will through the 1.4 or even the 2.0 on and give it a try

Mike,
You were "stretching" it with shooting from the outfield fence, weren't you? Since your exif read 600mm, I'm assuming HSC and cropping. Is that correct? These are great. I love 'em, and the angle is perfect. It is the ideal position for the batters.

Best Wishes,
Yes you were dead on 300 with the 1.4 today I am going to try the 1.4 or even 2.0 on to get closer

Top Bottom