Gitzo 1325 problem

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Jim Strathearn, May 4, 2007.

1. I've had my Gitzo 1325 for a year or so (I think it's out of warranty). One of the legs has become loose inside the metal circular piece that attaches it to the tripod. I've taken the leg off and tried to figure out how it is secured into the metal piece with no luck. Does anyone know how I can tighten it up? It wiggles just a little bit, but it is annoying.

TIA!

2. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Jim,

Sorry, I can't help with your specific problem but I do recomend that you check your warranty papers. I think the length, in the USA, is 2 years plus 5 additional years if you register the product. You can register on-line.

3. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Gene,

Do you have a link. I go to the Gitzo site and it redirects me to the US distributor site - Bogen Inc. - and their registration page has been down for over 10 days.

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    This represents my registration frustration as well. Someone needs to wake up at corporate!

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Gitzo includes a LIFETIME warranty. The more you attempt to repair it, the less likely you will get a free repair or replacement. I'd take it or mail it to an authorized Gitzo dealer ASAP.

6. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Scott,

I just registered. Go to the Gitzo site. Select warranty on the left. Ignore being redirected to Bogen in the U.S. Register on the page provided. You can select United States of America in the list provided. It will take the registration and you will receive an email confirmation.

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Great news, Thank you.

I am now registered from Gitzo site and you are correct. The warranty is extended by five more years if you register and complete the survey. That's good news.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I just registered to items to the link Scott provided. It registered the products in someone else's name! The link registered it and would not allow my name input.

9. Being somewhat lazy, I did the same, instead of following dagored's directions... Same result! :frown: Scott is getting lots of tripods registered in his name... :biggrin: I have to say that the web design of this registration site leaves a lot to be desired: it should never be possible to submit information again without at least a warning!

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Go to the link again, and click My Products. Between my 2) registrations, someone registered a GS3510S serial # G0113929 purchased 4-27-07 from Kamera-express. Was that yours, Phillipe?

I tried to follow the instructions listed by dagored. They did not work on my browser (Safari) / OS (mac). As soon as you clicked on US, it sent you to Bogen's site. The link there did not work.

I just sent a "Contact Us" with my model serial #, etc, and asked them to correct my registration. I doubt it will happen.

I AM GLAD THE TRIPODS ARE BUILT BETTER THAN THIS WEBSITE!!

Finally,

B&H lists Gitzo product warranty as LIFETIME, so why do we need to register? Lifetime + 5 years?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=475950&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

11. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Wow :eek: , Sorry about the link. It looked clean when I copied it to the thread. Good thing this is not your bank balance. Link is now removed.

P.S. I have received no emails confirming the registration of new tripods.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    With all of your registrations,

Gitzo might give you stock in the company...:112: W

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
  14. Quite confusing indeed... Perhaps they have different policies in different coutries?

Btw, my entry was the 1325 + 1321 levelling column. I bought the tripod in fall 2005. Warranty service (not that I need that now) needs the purchase receipt and I am afraid I "misplaced" it, anyway... :redface:

15. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Guys,

You have to establish a login with password before you register. This is how you receive your confirmation email.

1. go to www.gitzo.com
    2. click warranty on the left
    3. hit - submit - nothing else
    4. you will be asked to create a login and a password and register.
    5. now you will be directed to register your product

Scott sent you to his login page and you all registered on it, I think\.

16. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    This worked great. I was able to reregister my Gitzo gear, and received confirming email. Thank you!

17. jaba

jaba

Feb 6, 2007
    Hamburg
    I think that is not valid anymore... You can get a warranty extension for free but it is not unlimited.

18. Thanks for all the replies!

19. joe_boyd

joe_boyd

Aug 10, 2006
    I had a 1348 legset with the same problem last year. I had purchased it new from B&H about 9 years earlier, but still had the sales receipt. I sent the legset and a copy of the receipt to Bogen in NJ and they fixed it, no charge and no questions asked. It did take about 5 weeks to get it back from Bogen, though. I hadn't registered the legset prior to that time, and there was no indication that the lack of registration held up the repair.

AFAIK, Gitzo's (Bogen Inc in the US) lifetime warranty will cover any failure of the item to the original purchaser. I you didn't buy from a Gitzo dealer, don't have a receipt, or aren't the registered owner, they probably won't cover the warranty repair. Note that even if you're the registered owner, you may have to present a copy of the sales receipt to get a warranty repair made.

20. Thanks Joe!