Gitzo 2530 and Arca Swiss Z1 diameters

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Jeremy, May 24, 2007.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I have narrowed down my tripod and ball head choice to the Gitzo GT2530 legs and Arca Swiss Z1 ballhead. But before I make the purchase I'd like to see who else out there has this combination and whether they like it. Also, can someone with this combination tell me if the Arca Swiss ballhead is either equal to or narrower than the head of the Gitzo tripod. If the ballhead hangs over the head, I may need to move up to the Gitzo 3530 legs. I guess i'm concerned about the "fit and balance" being correct between these two expensive components. Thanks for any input.

2. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    The Z1 is about 3/8" larger in diameter than the GT2530 top flange.

Bill

3. The flange on the GT2530 is 60mm (about 2.36 inches). The Markins M10 looks like it was designed for it.