1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gitzo users, 6x models

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by LDB415, Jul 22, 2008.

1. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I'm thinking about using the 25% Live rebate plus a 10% ebay coupon to get a tripod. My current kit at it's heaviest is 6 pounds. I know the 2530 gets a lot of votes. I'd like to know if anyone is using the 153x or 154x. They are supposed to be good for up to 17.6 pounds or almost triple my current max load so there would be a lot of room for expansion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  2. I have the G1258 Reporter 6X. Not sure if that corresponds to a newer number, I got mine in late 2006.

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I was just looking at a 1540 6X as a travel tripod last night. Looks flimsy next to my 1325, but was surprisingly stable. Extremely light and compact, of course. I liked it - but $500+ . . . . :mad: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.