Give Us A Cheer...(pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Well:
    I really should not be doing this but I thought I would tell a little story...
    I know you folks hate stores, so I'll keep it short.

My assignment today (If you choose to take it) was to go to my daughter’s school and photograph her Cheer Leading group. The deal was they wanted me to create both individual shot's and a group shot that they could use in their newspaper and the yearbook.

So Sharon (my wife) and I went down to the school with every piece of gear I owned. Thinking this will be fun I can take some shot's of them doing different routines and then take some good portrait type shots but finish the day with some really creative group shots that were also showing a little action.

Well I was not even through the door and the teacher was telling us that she did not want anything (fancy) and that she only wanted to line the girls up against the gym wall and for me to take their photo... What a bummer....

Next she is telling the girls how to sit for the portraits and telling me that I really did not need all this (stuff) as she wanted everything to be (very) traditional.

Well by this time, I'm sure you can (all) imagine what it going through my mind... But I told her that I was simply there to do what she wanted and would do it any way she wished. Also that I really don't know how to do FANCY STUFF anyway so this works out well.... (He_He_He_... under my breath):biggrin: :biggrin:

We did all the shot's the way the teacher wanted with everyone’s eyes rolling every time we did another mug-shot. But as soon as she left the gym to go do something... We Sprang into action and got the girls organized for a couple shots that (they wanted)....

Here is the result of one of them....

original.
    I wonder if the teacher could smell smoke when she returned after this shot....

2. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Horrible Red X

PBase must be down.

3. Good for you Doug, not only were you polite but you got a really creative shot in anyway. That's a neat image and I bet the girls thought so as well.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    That's a nice one! Wonder which will stay in the album, the teacher's or yours:rolleyes: :smile: :biggrin: ?

5. Very nice job Doug...So what are the chances the teacher will accept the one you posted here. You never know until you show it to her. I am sure she would change her mind if she did see it:smile:

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Great photo, and really like the way you handled the whole thing.