Giving you the Bird today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Dec 21, 2005.

1. As always comments or critiques or donations accepted all the time...:eek:

Probably getting bored silly of all the bird shots lately... Thought I would post some other shots of birds and a few Duckies...
    All shot the first real day out with the 200-400VR and D2X setup.

A Northern Pintail Duckie

Ring neck Duckie

A Parrot

2. Oh my! These are excellent Eric. I especially like the Ring Neck and the water.

3. Rory, thanks... You mean you don't like the Pintail..:biggrin: :eek:

I myself and it might be biased like the Pintail with the nice green water..

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Look good Eric
    I'm not seeing the pintail (red X)
    the Parrot is a Hyacinth (the biggest of the Macaw family)!! I always wanted one but there are very protected and run around 10 G's if you find a breeder. They also eat only Palm Nuts as their diet.

More info then you probably wanted :biggrin:

Merry Christmas Buddy, see ya soon.

5. Try reloading the page again.. Pbase is acting funny the last few days...

6. Well, I love the Pintail too. This photo deserves a nice frame!

7. Love that Pintail and the water color! How in the world do you get so close to ducks? Out my way they are the guards for everything else that flys. It is fun trying to sneak up on them, but so far they have won that game. Using an TC?

8. Nope not using any TC with these shots... These guys were shot down at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego. They are very used to people. There are several large lagoons or ponds in teh park and in the winters they are frequented by ducks that migrate down here...

9. Hi Rory, Thanks.. Humm, should it be a frame for the internet or hang it on the wall.. Not sure I have enough room on the walls...

10. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Like them all, but I really like the pintail.

11. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Eric. I like the pintail the best (I guess I'm just following the herd).
    The green reflection in the water almost looks faked.

12. THnaks Scott and Chris.

Well, Chris the reflection was from all the greenery around the little lagoon they call it in the park... I added 10-15% saturation to make it pop but the color was otherwise there...

13. These are stunning! I like them all the best... :rolleyes:

14. Hi Jim, You like them all the best? Humm Just cannot decide on one eh? or unwilling to make a choice? :biggrin: :eek:

THanks for the kind words...

15. Beautiful shots Eric, the colors are fantastic.

16. Yup... :rolleyes:

17. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Eric, I didn't mean to imply that is was faked. Sorry if it came across that way.
    I knew that caused it, but the reflections in the water make it look unusual, to me anyway.

18. All are great, Pintail is excellent.

19. Thanks Gordon, Chris, Jim and Louis...

Chris. I know.. what you were trying to say.. Some times they jusrt don't believe the water can look that color... It was pretty wavy also for some reason...

20. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Eric. Pbase has been acting funny for awhile now. I am always ahving problems linking from my pbase galleries. I'm glad that I have my newer shots on at Smugmug.