1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Glacier National Park - Day 1 - Panos

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bright Angel, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

A few Panoramas and shots I like from Glacier N.P. Montana, on day 1. Taken in July (it seems ages ago now).
    My favs are shots 4 and 6. Please click for larger versions of the Panos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p399617089-4.

p271258718-4.

Thanks for viewing :smile:

A few more pictures at Montana

2. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful series.

3. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Those are some great shots of a beautiful place. My guess would be near Logan Pass for a couple of these? Did you handhold them or use the tripod?

Ken

4. gorgeous shots
    wonderful shooting

thanks for taking us along with you

5. devrules81

devrules81

Nov 13, 2007
    Georgia
    Great shots!

6. I agree 4 is awesome. In my opinion the best shot out of these!

Thats a fantastic looking place, looks like you were there right at magic hour!
    Good job!

7. Just took a look at the Canadian portion of your site.
    Love the Icefield Parkway shots (Peyto lake and Bow Lake)
    I was there a couple weeks back on less than favorable weather, its nice to see it with clear skies!
    And amazing how different the shore in front of Lake Louise is in just 5 years time.

Were some of your pictures Medium Format film? Or is that just the processing you do?

Great collection of pictures BTW!

8. The pictures are all really great...so clear and sharp and with beautiful skies...you must have got lucky as we didn't have much in the way of sun this year. I especially like #3 and #4.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Barb

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Very nice stuff, it's such a pretty landscape

10. seiler

seiler

Aug 11, 2008
    Colorado
    Those pano's are stunning. Thank you for sharing.

11. Great shots! Very enjoyable viewing. Thank you for sharing them.

12. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    teach me how.

those are incredible. What equipment?

13. These are gorgeous! One of the places on my list to visit while I still have my D700 :D DD

14. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Blimey Charlie ! Thanks for all those replies :smile:

I can't get the multi quote thing to work, so I'll answer all the question here.

kgilby,
    Yes, they are near Logan Pass, no.1 is just to the West of the summit, no.2 down the other side to the East.
    I use a tripod 99.99% of the time.

lexiticus,
    I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time, there was no pre-planning.
    I took the Canadian photos (along with other early shots on the website) with a Minolta Dimage 7i, that's why they look so poor.
    I might have PP a few of them, but most were straight out of the camera.

maraya,
    I was very lucky with the weather this time, although there was lots of snow on the ground, especially near the Visitors Center.
    I'd been twice before and either had smoke from distant forest fires or rain to deal with.
    I hope you have a great trip soon.

cleoent,
    I shot them with the D300, Tamron 17-50 lens and a Manfrotto tripod (regular type head).
    I took 3 exposures per camera movement, roughly 6 camera movement per scene.
    Then I converted the RAW's into TIFF's and fed them into PTGUI and created a HDR pano.
    And that's basically it.

Again thank you all for your replies.
    I'll post some more from Glacier ASAP :smile:

15. johnmh

johnmh

Nov 21, 2007
    Greater NYC
    No traffic by the Weeping Wall?!?? How long did you have to wait to get THAT shot?

Glacier's an amazing place....... Most never make it to Two Medicine but that's another cool part... sunset gives you a view into the park from the road between St. Mary and Two Medicine that is spectacular................

Ever head up by Many or go over the border to Waterton? The Prince of Wales is he coolest place..... and here are deer all over Waterton... usually a couple by the RCMP building...... Take the boat trip on Waterton Lake and do the climb behind the Visitor's Center -The view from Bear's Hump is amazing......

16. I must have missed this thread but I'm glad I found it. These are wonderful images.

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Pure Magic !!!!!!

18. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Beautiful stuff!

I hope you're traveling north of Banff!

If so, you're in for some visual delights!

19. You've captured its beauty very well, goregous shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.