Glam on a late winter afternoon.

Should be safe but if not please feel free to delete.

Late winter afternoon in Helen Ga looking out from the hotel rooms glass doors towards the balcony and the river below. I liked the general shape in the models pose and the way the natural light comming in through the balcony doors was sculpting her body. Started playing with the image and found that the background was pretty dreary and didn't complement the color or feel I was after so decided to composite a blurred sunset image into the background. Beside the natural light had a voice activated lightstand holding a plain table lamp (tungsten bulb) without the shade just outside of the frame on the shadow side casting a warmish glow. Through selections and Color Efex Pro tried to get the Natural light, Sunset colors and warmth of the table lamp to work together.

Image taken with the D800 and 50mm f1.8G. Iso 1000, 1/400 and f1.8 Not real sure why I had the iso so high, Could have been that I was tired from shooting all day and just wanted to insure a sharp image.

JW8_4165-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful lighting.

Thanks Jim, late afternoon natural light supplemented by bare bulb from end table light. Maybe not reality as the light was actually fairly cold. Enjoy playing with the images.

very nice

Thank you John. Close to the end of a long day of shooting, having started around 9 am in studio, then outdoors after lunch and returning to the hotel for boudoir type images around 4-6pm.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom