1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Glenwood Cemetery - Comments Please

Discussion in 'Non-Nikon Mirrorless' started by jbird, Aug 12, 2018.

1. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Hi, With the new camera, I got a subscription to Lightroom CC. It is my first foray into using it. I would appreciate your comments on the photos below.
    The first is the photo as shot (jpg) straight out of the camera without any adjustments.
    43819592112_d60eacd6cf_c. L1000024

The second is converting to B&W with minor lighting adjustments. The largest was for contrast.
    30132165878_091cfb3789_c. L1000024-2

The 3rd is a cropped version of the second. I must admit that it is my favorite of the 3. I like the way in intensifies or focuses on the facial expression. I think it enhances the sadness.
    29063242277_ba63a74274_c. L1000024 by Jay OConnor, on Flickr

Please let me know which you prefer an why.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

There is nothing wrong with the photos as photos, but I dislike the subject. Idealised soppy near-naked children are a rather revolting art form.
    Let's see something else.

3. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    I like the third one best too. Some vignette might make the subject pop out a bit more, but I wouldn’t overdo it.

4. I like third best because I think the point of interest is the eyes looking down.

5. crazy

crazy

Feb 5, 2009
    NC
    #3 is my preference, with crop and b&w processing being the driving factors.

6. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Thank you for the comments. The next outing I will be looking for subjects with bright colors. I want to evaluate the difference between the jpg color profiles. I am thinking of possibly Galveston and some of the old homes there.

I have found Lightroom easy enough to use. But I think I will get the subscription for Lightroom Classic so that I can have the additional features.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.