Glenwood Cemetery - Comments Please

Hi, With the new camera, I got a subscription to Lightroom CC. It is my first foray into using it. I would appreciate your comments on the photos below.
The first is the photo as shot (jpg) straight out of the camera without any adjustments.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
L1000024

The second is converting to B&W with minor lighting adjustments. The largest was for contrast.
L1000024-2

The 3rd is a cropped version of the second. I must admit that it is my favorite of the 3. I like the way in intensifies or focuses on the facial expression. I think it enhances the sadness.
L1000024 by Jay OConnor, on Flickr

Please let me know which you prefer an why.

#3 is my preference, with crop and b&w processing being the driving factors.

I like the third one best too. Some vignette might make the subject pop out a bit more, but I wouldn’t overdo it.
I like third best because I think the point of interest is the eyes looking down.
#3 is my preference, with crop and b&w processing being the driving factors.
Thank you for the comments. The next outing I will be looking for subjects with bright colors. I want to evaluate the difference between the jpg color profiles. I am thinking of possibly Galveston and some of the old homes there.

I have found Lightroom easy enough to use. But I think I will get the subscription for Lightroom Classic so that I can have the additional features.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom