Gloomy Day

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Good time to try a little PS. Here's the original photo taken with the D70 and Sigma 105 and the modified one. The view is over the south end of the SF Bay. The "puddle" in the foreground is Stanford's "Felt Lake". Comments appreciated.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Gloomy Day

Gloomy Day Abstract

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like it alot.
    Like the original also..
    Beautiful View..wow

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey Virginia - nice work. Your treatment was not what I was expecting. The blurring of the image doesn't seem to enhance at first, but continued looking brings out it's 'Bob Ross' qualities. Good work with a picture I wouldn't have known what to do with.

4. Chris, who is "Bob Ross"? Sorry, I never heard of him?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. I would say very good use of your time and the image. The gloominess in the first image makes it lack luster, your treatment makes it a desirable peice to look at.
    Dave

6. Nice Virginia !! I like it...:smile:

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Transformed

Great work Virginia

The original was sort of ok as a shot imo, but your processing has made it into a great image. I like the feel you have created.

Must ask please Virginia - the painted effect is really good - how do you do it please?

Many thanks

Ray

8. Thanks, Ray. Guess I've learned a bit from all of you here. I used the Art History Brush and a little painting with light to create these effects.

How was your daughter's birthday? I forgot to ask.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Virginia

Many thanks Virginia - forgot about the AHB!!!

Great work.

You are really so kind to ask about maria's birthday - it was brilliant.

We took her to Manchester - 100 miles away to see a live show of her favourite TV show.

Thousands of children there all having a great time and maria really joined it the fun.

Put candles on her cake and she insisted on blowinf them out - then relighting - then blowing them out................lost track!!!!

Still it was a great time and she enjoyed it as she did Christmas.

Very best wishes Virginia and seasons greetings to you and your family.

Kind Regards

Ray