1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Gloomy

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Binnur, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Sorry, the image was posted to the wrong forum... it can be seen here Critique - Gloomy

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. I like the composition and treatment. My preference is for more contrasty images but more contrast would likely defeat your purpose. I would never shoot at f22 as diffraction softens the image more than I can tolerate for what I do. At 8mm you'll have more than enough depth of field at f8 or even f5.6 See here: Online Depth of Field Calculator You'd need a neutral density filter to get the same shutter speed, though.

3. Thanks for your comment Larry. Although I have Lee Filter System and a 10 stop ND filter which is a Lee Big Stopper , unfortunatelly my UWA lens is too convex to attach any filters (or filter holders) in front it. Tha's why I had to shoot at f /22 to get a longer shutter speed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.