Glorifying the Common Lime

I initially made this photo for the Collective Shoot Nick hosted. However, I wasn't completely satisfied with the version I posted there and, at the time, didn't have sufficient time to continue working on it to get it to the look I envisioned. Now that I've gotten it to a completely different look, I'm okay with the version shown below.

Setup
The tabletop and background are a single sheet of translucent vellum. A small continuous-light lamp was in the right front area. A white reflector on the left side lifted shadow tones on that side. The two spotlights are a texture from InfiniteTexture.com.

Mike 2020-06-16--001B-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Hi Mike. I like the texture in the BG. I just wonder if a different color in the BG and at the tabletop would make the image look any better. May be grey or yellow? I can see a lot of dust spots (or may be the stains on the vellum)which need cleaning by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Binnur!

I just wonder if a different color in the BG and at the tabletop would make the image look any better. May be grey or yellow? I can see a lot of dust spots (or may be the stains on the vellum)which need cleaning by the way.
I also wonder about using another color and am glad you mentioned the possibility. The spots in the background are imperfections in a very old piece of vellum that I should replace. I usually look for those at 100% but I may have forgotten to do that.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom