Glossy Ibis

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Randy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. 1.
    p2283244160-5.

p2283244165-5.

p2282260455-5.

p2282260402-6.

p2283244352-5.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beautiful! The coloring of these birds is just so fascinating, isn't it? My favorite is that first shot -- a real winner! :)

3. photogramps

photogramps Guest

Colours captured really well in these. :)

4. thanks Connie.

I follow these birds all over Viera always looking for the angle that gets direct light on that iridescentnt spot, it's awesome (wood storks have a similar spot but not nearly as amazing as these guys. This trip they were everywhere and close enough that 700mm filled the frame. It seems everyone has slightly different colors, some as red as cardinals)
    thanks Roger, on many I had to lift some shadows but some were in perfect light. This is one bird that needs direct sun light to make those colors show.
    thanks William

5. Excellent set!! These are some of my favorite birds and you've done their iridescent coloration justice by finding the perfect light. Great shooting Randy.

6. thanks Mitch

it's funny how many shooters ignore these guys because they don't 'see' the colors. At the wrong angle you can look all day and never see the colors. For me they are like giant male painted buntings and are near the top of my preferred species list

7. Agreed. Look at the colors you've captured in #3. Spectacular!

8. every time I found some fishing I was the only shooter. The trick is to watch one thru the VF and when you see the colors fire. It can take a lot of watching but it's fun

9. You sure did do justice to the Glossies Randy, very well done. Man, you're tearing up of late.

10. thanks buddy
    being done for 6 weeks with that stone had me ready to go, I'm doing one more in May when the cattle egrets turn orange, I've gotten to where a 7hr drive is just a long CNN binge:)

11. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Nice set Randy. I have only seen the white faced ibis here. The easiest way for me to tell the difference between the glossy and the white face (non-breeding) is by the color of the eye.

12. thanks