Critique Goats

Real Name
Bill Walderman
_WJW1239.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Very nice image. As you ask for critique, I would change the title ( may be goat farm?) if the image was mine, because for me it is a nice landscape image with goats rather than a photo of goats .

IMHO this is a very nice idyllic scene, that is weakened by 4 goats.
Two of the goats are looking somewhere else, it makes me wonder if there is something more interesting off to the left?
The goats also overlap, which weakens the structure of the image.
To me, photography means waiting. Sometimes waiting for hours for just the right time to click the shutter. In this image, it feels like you were walking by and went click.
But that is just my opinion, and you should likely ignore it. It is your art, not mine.
gary

I agree with Allan and Gary about the placement of the goats. I would like the image more if the goats weren’t overlapping. A slight change in positioning might have resolved that compositional challenge...or waiting until they moved into a different configuration.

Glenn

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Thanks for your comments, Glenn, Gary and Allan. I waited for a while (though not for hours), the goats moved around, but not into configurations that seemed better than this. Again I appreciate the practiced eyes of experienced photographers.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom