1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

goin to develop my holga pics!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by DrewC, Apr 24, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    wish me luck... i ran a roll of kodak 400tmax and some 35mm hp5 through the brand new holga. there wont be anything good on it, but i just cant wait to learn the intricacies of it. what kinda light flares, blurryness, leaks, and vignetting i'm gonna get.

i'll post some of the samples when i get back
    oh how i like 24hr access to a darkroom

-drew

2. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The Holga is a real interesting camera....I shot a few rolls a few months ago and thought the images came out really nice. I just bought a Polaroid back for it from a friend...gonna pic up some film for that this weekend.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Exciting, huh Drew! I love the Holga look - it's exotic & all. For film, I prefer my home setup as opposed to using the darkroom facilities at school. All I need is a changing bag, a 1' x 6" shelf, and a sink as far as space goes.

Dave: a Polga. Cool, let's see when it happens!

4. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    Even if I'm a bit cautious when it comes to the "holga scene", which looks a bit overmanufactured to my taste... I love the pictures you can get from one. Be sure to post your results!

And btw, a polaroid back --> :eek:  please post more details!!

5. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    as promised... here is one of my favorites from the roll i developed, still trying to figure if its ... out of focus, or just soft... either way, i like it. and i got several good negatives out of the roll (delta 400 for this one)

43440.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-drew

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice Drew. The curving path... looks like a scorpion or lizard. Something alive and kinda menacing, coming right up in our face and all.

7. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    ha, thanks chris, after reading what you wrote... i definately got that same feeling.

8. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    Very nice picture... it definitely has that :holga look: thing going for it.
    I like it a lot.

9. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    neat :) 

10. I saw the same Scorpion... Neat!

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ok! Cause of this post I went ahead and shot a roll through my Holga today. Er, a roll of HP5+. No more hating for me! :Wink:

12. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well post it up!

13. Chris,

Me too I used to hate Ilford 10 years back and switched to Agfa and Kodak Plus-X. But as I ran through old negs I just got hit by how good it is (and I got hit at how lousy Tri-X has become over time). Ishot a HP5 roll lately and all I know is it's Great!

Of course, tastes are a personal thing... But I think HP5 is the closest thing to the "classic B&W look" there is on the market right now. Contrast, grain, overall sharpness/feel. I agree the Delta line is outstanding, though!

Post your shots!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.