Going, Going, GONE!

Wifey & I stumbled upon this, Friday afternoon. I saw a ruckus along the brush line & this is what it turned out being.
I shot from the drivers seat, across my wife & out the passengers window. I didn't want to get out & spook him.

50365679697_ff0e74a9c6_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50365838507_b5dbdab641_o.jpg

50365869767_dfc2fe1605_o.jpg

50365815891_59bf7e0094_o.jpg

I challenged myself to find "interesting" ways to photograph Mockingbirds recently, as we have SO MANY of them in our area. They are typically boring, but we got lucky with this one. :)

Last edited:
Good series. My favorite if you only had 1 is the second one.

Thank you Allan. There really wasn't much opportunity consider comp or other typical IQ considerations. We were both just ticlked to "get what we got". Lol!

Great catch Phil, pays to always be on the lookout. You don't see this action very often.

Much appreciated Louie. Just goes to show, in addition to all we do to "be prepared", timing & luck play a huge part in what we get. :cool:

JLH

Looks like a tummy ache to me!
Seriously: Great series. Its always nice to be lucky enough to catch something like this. Patience and keeping a keen eye out brings rewards.

Looks like a tummy ache to me!
Seriously: Great series. Its always nice to be lucky enough to catch something like this. Patience and keeping a keen eye out brings rewards.

You're probably right. I bet that was tuff to digest. It sure to a while to get down. Thanks!

Nice series. I have the same feelings about Magpies. They're everywhere but it's seldom that I shoot them. Seems boring. You've done a nice job here.

Thanks Bill. That funny! The first time we saw Magpies (in Colorado), we had no idea what they were but were excited because they were new to us. Lol!

Nice set.
Wiid photography and fishing are in the same boat, chance.
Well done.

Thank you, Boblou. Very true! I "think" we may get more rewards from photography, but I could be wrong. ;-)

Latest threads

Top Bottom