Critique Going on two years old

I bought these yellow roses 20 months ago. I photographed them four months later and not again until today.

Setup
The tabletop is a drop cloth and the background is black velvet. Two small continuous-light lamps were above the scene on the left and right.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You live in a small house, have a small studio, but yet you are able to successfully pack away dead flowers for 2 years???

Now, that is dedication, and it pays off in the fabulous image. As Patsy Cline wrote, and so many sang " . . And remember our faded love."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you to Gordon, Klaus, Allan and Nick!

You live in a small house, have a small studio, but yet you are able to successfully pack away dead flowers for 2 years???
An avid tabletop photographer will keep things nobody else would even think of keeping. Last summer I visited friends for dinner that included salmon cooked on the grill on cedar planks. I still have the planks charred black and used them once as the background in a photo of Pinot Noir at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/torii-mor-pinot-noir.318983/.

I like your subjects and the image very much Mike. Very nice lighting and DOF. IMO you might try some other compositions too. You might even try a B&W image with some sepia toning.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure she would like FRESH flowers on special occasions, rather than RETREADS.
A guy I used to work with always said that on his wife's birthday, he would go to the nearby cemetery, take flowers from a grave, and give them to his wife. He never did it, of course, but it does make a funny story.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom