Critique Going on two years old

I bought these yellow roses 20 months ago. I photographed them four months later and not again until today.

Setup
The tabletop is a drop cloth and the background is black velvet. Two small continuous-light lamps were above the scene on the left and right.

Mike 2020-08-13--0001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You live in a small house, have a small studio, but yet you are able to successfully pack away dead flowers for 2 years???

Now, that is dedication, and it pays off in the fabulous image. As Patsy Cline wrote, and so many sang " . . And remember our faded love."

Thank you to Gordon, Klaus, Allan and Nick!

You live in a small house, have a small studio, but yet you are able to successfully pack away dead flowers for 2 years???

An avid tabletop photographer will keep things nobody else would even think of keeping. Last summer I visited friends for dinner that included salmon cooked on the grill on cedar planks. I still have the planks charred black and used them once as the background in a photo of Pinot Noir at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/torii-mor-pinot-noir.318983/.

An avid tabletop photographer will keep things nobody else would even think of keeping. Last summer I visited friends for dinner that included salmon cooked on the grill on cedar planks. I still have the planks charred black and used them once as the background in a photo of Pinot Noir.

The Pack-Rat Award for 2020 goes to . . . .! :D ?

I like your subjects and the image very much Mike. Very nice lighting and DOF. IMO you might try some other compositions too. You might even try a B&W image with some sepia toning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom